Topics

Some Praat scripts

Mietta Lennes

Hello!

I posted some new scripts to the Files archive: folder Mietta's
Scripts. They are not very neat but they work, at least on my iMac.

I wrote three of these scripts for cutting up LongSound files to
smaller sound files. They are very useful if you want to use pauses
as
file boundaries: e.g., if you have a LongSound containing read
sentences and you need sound files that contain one sentence each. At
least you may have a reason to save all the single intervals in a
TextGrid to separate AIFFs. The labels will also be saved in a text
file.

One script is simply a modification of a script by Chris Darwin,
though: it changes the sample rate of all files in a folder.

Please read the 'readme.txt' file before using the scripts. Feel free
to give me comments and suggestions.

Mietta