Topics

script to mix two sounds at different SNRs

fanny.meunier@...

Hello,

I am learning Praat and I'm struggling to produce the script that mixed one sound-A-1.wav (in one folder with x sounds) with another sound-B-1.wav (in another folder with also x sounds) at a given SNR. Both sounds to mix have the same duration. The script would do the mixing for all sounds in the folders A and B and recorded the results in another folder. Do you know if such script already exist somewhere ? Thank you if you can help me.

Fanny

praat@...

Beginner here, but was just looking at scripts myself.
Here's a script that mixes two sounds using variable gain: https://sites.google.com/site/praatscripts/add-sounds-with-variable-gains
Maybe you could use it with this? https://sites.google.com/site/praatscripts/read-in-files
Hope that helps!