Topics

mean slope, regular expressions

Rolf Siepmann <Rolf.Siepmann@...>

Hello,

I would like to ask two questions, the first one is about a pitch function and the

second one about regular expressions in Praat.

Does anyone know, what the Pitch Function "Get mean absolute slope... " exactly

computes? It might be (f0(min) + f0(max)) / 2 of a pitch contour, but I am not sure.

The other question concerns the following script:

__________________
str$ = "test abc"
i = index(str$, "c$*")
echo 'i'
___________________

In my opinion, i should be 8, but in fact the value 0 is returned. In other words,

how are regular expressions used in Praat?

Thank you in advance.

Best,

Rolf Siepmann.

Rolf Siepmann
Institut fuer Phonetik und Sprachliche Kommunikation
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitaet Muenchen
Schellingstr. 3
D-80799 Muenchen
GERMANY
Tel.: +49-(0)89 2180-2760