Topics

Inserting Praat pictures in MS Word: looking for guidance.

Daniel Hirst <daniel.hirst@...>

After creating a picture use the File menu of the Picture Window to
write the picture to an EPS file somewhere. Switch to MS Word and choose
the menu Insert/Picture (or is it image? I have the French version of
word which says "image") and open the EPS file right in your Word file.

Paul Boersma <paul.boersma@...>

I am just a few hours old PRAAT user. How can I possibly use the Praat
pictures (the graphical analyses) in MS Word documents?
Daniel Hirst's answer (reading an EPS file into Word with "Insert Picture")
is sufficient if you have a PostScript printer.

If you don't have a PostScript printer, you must print the whole Word document
(if it contains EPS pictures)
to a PostScript file (choose "Print to file" in Word's printing dialog),
after which you can send this PostScript file to your non-PostScript printer
with the help of the freely available program GhostView.

This strategy works for all programs that produce EPS files, not just Praat.
EPS (= Encapsulated PostScript) is the only reasonable way to make
some sorts of complicated graphics (spectrograms, rotated text)
appear beautifully on your printer.

Institute of Phonetic Sciences, University of Amsterdam
Herengracht 338, 1016CG Amsterdam, The Netherlands
http://www.fon.hum.uva.nl/paul/

indira kala sangit v vidy <umusart@...>

I am just a few hours old PRAAT user. How can I possibly use the Praat
pictures (the graphical analyses) in MS Word documents?

Best wishes:: Sanjoy Bandopadhyay

Sanjoy Bandopadhyay, Reader
Faculty of Music, IKS University, Khairagarh (MP) 491881 India
Fax/Phone: (+91) 7820-34449 and 7820-34549
Listen to my sitar at : www.mp3.com/Sanjoy