how to show pitch and textgrid together.
Lei Chen <chenl@...>
Now I want to show the pitch and textgrid in the same edit frame.
How can I do in praat?
thanks very much.
Lei Chen <chenl@e...> wrote:
Now I want to show the pitch and textgrid in the same edit frame.I don't know whether it is possible, but you can group two different
editors/viewers together and then zoom & sroll both as they would be
just one, single edit frame:
- open the sound file and textgrid in editor
- make analysis from the sound
- open analysis editor
- in analysis editor choose
o intensity / forget intensity
o spectr / forget formant
o spectr / forget spectrogramm
o dur / forget duration
- arrange the both editor windows in your desktop so that you can
see them properly
- be sure that the "Group" -checkboxes in the lower right corner
in both editor windows are checked
If you have to do this often, use the "paste history-functionality" in
the script editor to easily create a script (or macro) which does all
the neeeded menu selections for you :-)
Hope this helps,
Paul Boersma <paul.boersma@...>
Lei Chen <chenl@e...> wrote:Launo Tuuri answered:Now I want to show the pitch and textgrid in the same edit frame.
- open the sound file and textgrid in editorThat's the slow way, and the PitchTier in the Analysis window
does not even show voicing/voicelessness.
The simplest way is to view the Pitch object:
- select Sound & TextGrid and choose Edit
- select Sound and choose "To Pitch...", then Edit
- arrange the windows
- the Group buttons will automatically be on if there are no other
editor windows on your screen
Institute of Phonetic Sciences, University of Amsterdam
Herengracht 338, 1016CG Amsterdam, The Netherlands