Topics

how to show pitch and textgrid together.

Lei Chen <chenl@...>

Hello:

Now I want to show the pitch and textgrid in the same edit frame.
How can I do in praat?

thanks very much.

Lei

Launo Tuuri

Lei Chen <chenl@e...> wrote:
Now I want to show the pitch and textgrid in the same edit frame.
How can I do in praat?
I don't know whether it is possible, but you can group two different
editors/viewers together and then zoom & sroll both as they would be
just one, single edit frame:

- open the sound file and textgrid in editor

- make analysis from the sound

- open analysis editor

- in analysis editor choose

o intensity / forget intensity

o spectr / forget formant

o spectr / forget spectrogramm

o dur / forget duration

- arrange the both editor windows in your desktop so that you can
see them properly

- be sure that the "Group" -checkboxes in the lower right corner
in both editor windows are checked

If you have to do this often, use the "paste history-functionality" in
the script editor to easily create a script (or macro) which does all
the neeeded menu selections for you :-)

Hope this helps,
Launo

Paul Boersma <paul.boersma@...>

Lei Chen <chenl@e...> wrote:
Now I want to show the pitch and textgrid in the same edit frame.
How can I do in praat?
Launo Tuuri answered:
- open the sound file and textgrid in editor
- make analysis from the sound
- open analysis editor
- in analysis editor choose
o intensity / forget intensity
o spectr / forget formant
o spectr / forget spectrogramm
o dur / forget duration
- arrange the both editor windows in your desktop so that you can
see them properly
- be sure that the "Group" -checkboxes in the lower right corner
in both editor windows are checked
That's the slow way, and the PitchTier in the Analysis window
does not even show voicing/voicelessness.
The simplest way is to view the Pitch object:

- select Sound & TextGrid and choose Edit
- select Sound and choose "To Pitch...", then Edit
- arrange the windows
- the Group buttons will automatically be on if there are no other
editor windows on your screen

Institute of Phonetic Sciences, University of Amsterdam
Herengracht 338, 1016CG Amsterdam, The Netherlands
http://www.fon.hum.uva.nl/paul/