Topics

Darwin Praat scripts

Chris Darwin <cjd@...>

I have put a folder of various Praat scripts under the Files menu.
They have been developed and tested under the Mac version
3.8.68 and are quite extensively commented.

Let me know if you find them useful, detect errors or need advise
on using them.

Chris Darwin

Launo Tuuri

I have put a folder of various Praat scripts under the Files menu.
They have been developed and tested under the Mac version
3.8.68 and are quite extensively commented.
This sounds very interesting!:-)

But, although I seem to be using the 3.8.68 version
- the free-download-one for Linux - I can't find the
scripts from the script window file menu...

--
Launo Tuuri http://www.iki.fi/lt/

Daniel Hirst <daniel.hirst@...>

Launo,

you first need to download the scripts from the address;

http://www.egroups.com/files/praat-users/Darwin+scripts/

once you have downloaded them to your computer there should be no
problem opening them with Praat...

It would be interesting if you could report back to the list whether you
managed to run these scripts ok under Linux

Daniel

Laboratoire Parole et Langage, CNRS, Universit de Provence
Equipe Prosodie et Reprsentation Formelle du Langage
29 Avenue Schuman, 13621 Aix-en-Provence cedex 1 FRANCE
tel:+33 4 4295 3628 secr:+33 4 4295 3634 fax: +33 4 4259 5096
web: http://www.lpl.univ-aix.fr/~hirst
If (you are interested in Speech Prosody) {
subscribe to the SProSIG list;
} # http://www.egroups.com/group/sprosig/

Daniel Hirst <daniel.hirst@...>

Chris

- could you post the Readme!! message describing your scripts (or
something similar) to the list?

best

Jyrki Tuomainen <jyrki.tuomainen@...>

ltuuri@... wrote:

I have put a folder of various Praat scripts under the Files menu.
They have been developed and tested under the Mac version
3.8.68 and are quite extensively commented.
This sounds very interesting!:-)

But, although I seem to be using the 3.8.68 version
- the free-download-one for Linux - I can't find the
scripts from the script window file menu...

--
Launo Tuuri http://www.iki.fi/lt/

Launo,

am not quite sure what you mean... I'm on NT, and have
no problems in finding and executing the Darwin scripts
(after I've downloaded them from eGroups File menu...)
Only minor changes was needed which are probably due
to differences in platforms.

Especially the SWS was something I need, so warm thanks
to Chris Darwin.

best wishes, -Jyrki Tuomainen