Topics

Create an amplitude modulated pourers tone using the GUI?

Lisa Gorlick

Hello Praat forum!

I would like to use a .wav file for an undergraduate project but I don't have much coding experience (or experience with Praat)

Is there a simple way to create an amplitude modulated pure tone using only the GUI?

Thanks for your help!

Lisa

Boersma Paul

On 5 Nov 2019, at 22:04, lgorlick@... [praat-users] <praat-users-noreply@...> wrote:

Is there a simple way to create an amplitude modulated pure tone using only the GUI?
Use New -> Sound Create Sound as pure tone, then e.g. New -> Tiers -> Create AmplitudeTier, and multiply the two results (after selecting them together).
_____

Paul Boersma
Professor of Phonetic Sciences, University of Amsterdam

Visiting address: Spuistraat 134, room 632, Amsterdam
Mail: P.O. Box 1642, 1000BP Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Website: http://www.fon.hum.uva.nl/paul/