Topics

Can't load Praat's website

chengafni

For the past week I've been getting a "Problem loading page" error message whenever I try loading Praat's website on Firefox.
Does anyone else have the same problem?

Chen

Daniel McCloy

When I type praat.org in Firefox or Chromium, I get redirected to http://www.fon.hum.uva.nl/praat/ (as expected). So I can't reproduce your problem. Are you located in a country where the internet is censored? If you just want to download praat, you can also try to get it from its GitHub releases page: https://github.com/praat/praat/releases

chengafni

Thanks, Daniel.
This problem is new and specific to Firefox (it works fine for me on Google Chrome). I just wanted to check if other Firefox users experience this issue.

Boersma Paul

On 22 Jan 2020, at 18:23, chengafni via Groups.Io <balshan.bashlan=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

For the past week I've been getting a "Problem loading page" error message whenever I try loading Praat's website on Firefox.
Does anyone else have the same problem?
This may be caused by the fact that a https version of the website worked for a week (two weeks ago), and your browser remembers that. Please make sure that the address starts with http://, not with https://

We will try to make both versions available.
_____

Paul Boersma
Professor of Phonetic Sciences, University of Amsterdam

Visiting address: Spuistraat 134, room 632, Amsterdam
Mail: P.O. Box 1642, 1000BP Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Website: http://www.fon.hum.uva.nl/paul/

chengafni

Thank you, Paul.
The http version doesn't work for me either. I guess I'll switch to Chrome for now.