Re: Does Praat have a membership operator (like Python "in")?

Boersma Paul

On 12 Dec 2019, at 06:22, Earl Brown <ekbrown77@...> wrote:

I've loaded the TXT file list of words with "wds = Read Strings from raw text file: test_items_path$". Now, I'm looping over the intervals and would like to test whether the current interval label (word) is in the list of words I'm interested in analyzing.
select your Strings object, and do "To WordList". The result is a sorted list in which you can efficiently look up words with "Has word..."
_____

Paul Boersma
Professor of Phonetic Sciences, University of Amsterdam

Visiting address: Spuistraat 134, room 632, Amsterdam
Mail: P.O. Box 1642, 1000BP Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Website: http://www.fon.hum.uva.nl/paul/

Join Praat-Users-List@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.