increasing naturalness of vowel synthesis

Jyrki Tuomainen

Hello list.
I've created a source signal from scratch using PitchTier and PointProcess for vowel synthesis.

"To Sound (phonation)" command provides a couple of parameters to manipulate the naturalness of the glottal source, and I've had some success, but would still like to increase the naturalness. My problem is that I still get this attack like onset, and the vowel sound monotonous and the voice is "tight". I think I've got the pitch contour alright, but does anyone have suggestions for what other parameters I could try (e.g. how to add some jitter), and/or what would be good values for those parameters that are available in the To Sound (phonation) command?

Thanks, and best wishes, -Jyrki

--
New temporary address from July 2006 to Autumn 2007

Jyrki Tuomainen, University College London, Human Communication Science
Remax House, 31/32 Alfred Place, London WC1E 7DP, UK
Tel: +44 (0)20 7679 4214 (Internal 24214), Fax: +44 (0)207 679 4238
j.tuomainen@..., http://www.hcs.ucl.ac.uk/
--

Join Praat-Users-List@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.