Topics

Wheels at Wood Car Show - September 7th

Kevin McLemore

Hi, all -

I'm sorry I couldn't be with you tonight, but I to pass on some great news. As you may recall, for the last two years I've put together the Wheels at Wood Car Show, which was held to benefit the construction of a bus shelter at York and Street roads in Warminster.  I'm VERY pleased to announce that the concrete foundations went in last week and the bus shelter is being installed TOMORROW!  My architecture students have pursued this project for 3 years, changing zoning laws, designing the shelter and landscape plans, and forming partnerships with a local architect and the owner of the shopping center to get it done. If you pass by Mikes Pub in Warminster, have a look near their parking lot on York Road, since that's where it is.  Thank you to all who entered the show in the past, since without your support this would not be possible.

Anyway, the real reason for the club blast is to let you know we're continuing with the Wheels at Wood show, and the date is September 7th, 2019, 9:00-3:00 pm. This year it will benefit our award-winning RoboVikings Robotics Team, who amazingly placed as finalists in this year's World Championships in Detroit. We'd LOVE to have a great turnout from the MG Club at the show, and I know it will be fun. Those who attended our last show may recall we had a LIVE full-size band (no boring DJ for us!) as well as a great solo guitar act, and we also offered a craft show and sale along with superb and reasonably-priced food. We're looking to do even more special things this year - wait and see!  Please put this show on your calendar and I hope to see many of you on September 7th.  Thank you for your support!

All the best,

Kevin McLemore
Director of STEM Education & Robotics Team Mentor
Archbishop Wood High School