Transmission Mounted Speedo Drive Gear For '76 MGB (not right angle)

Chip Krout <chip19474@...>

Does anyone know where I can find a new speedo drive gear for my '76 MGB?  It's the speedo gear on the pass side of the transmission....mine is leaking - not a big deal but, what the heck, I have the time.  If there's an O RIng in the gear housing that is replaceable, please let me know - I'll do that.

Thanks,

Chip Krout

Kevin McLemore

Yeah, usually there’s an o-ring that’s replaceable - certainly that’s an inexpensive and pretty quick fix.

Cheers,
Kevin

On Aug 2, 2020, at 12:01 PM, Chip Krout via groups.io <chip19474@...> wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find a new speedo drive gear for my '76 MGB?  It's the speedo gear on the pass side of the transmission....mine is leaking - not a big deal but, what the heck, I have the time.  If there's an O RIng in the gear housing that is replaceable, please let me know - I'll do that.

Thanks,

Chip Krout

Ed Emery

Make sure you get the correct gear for the turns per mile.  Your speedo gauge should have it at the bottom of the face.

From: PhillyMGClub@groups.io [mailto:PhillyMGClub@groups.io] On Behalf Of Kevin McLemore
Sent: Sunday, August 02, 2020 1:13 PM
To: PhillyMGClub@groups.io
Subject: Re: [PhillyMGClub] Transmission Mounted Speedo Drive Gear For '76 MGB (not right angle)

Yeah, usually there’s an o-ring that’s replaceable - certainly that’s an inexpensive and pretty quick fix.

Cheers,

Kevin

Thanks,

Chip Krout

Ira Spector

Harbor Freight sells a metric O-ring kit that has come in handy in situations like this in the past.

Ira

On Aug 2, 2020, at 3:37 PM, Ed Emery via groups.io <john.emery5@...> wrote:

Make sure you get the correct gear for the turns per mile.  Your speedo gauge should have it at the bottom of the face.

From: PhillyMGClub@groups.io [mailto:PhillyMGClub@groups.io] On Behalf Of Kevin McLemore
Subject: Re: [PhillyMGClub] Transmission Mounted Speedo Drive Gear For '76 MGB (not right angle)

Cheers,

Kevin

Thanks,

Chip Krout

thanks....I'm aware of the gear teeth issue...hoping to do an o-ring replacement and keep what I have...fingers crossed

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sun, Aug 2, 2020 3:36 pm

Cheers,
Kevin

Thanks,

Chip Krout

thanks...hopefully the small bin of assorted o-rings I've collected for a zillion years will have what I want

-----Original Message-----
To: PhillyMGClub@groups.io <PhillyMGClub@groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Aug 2, 2020 3:42 pm

Harbor Freight sells a metric O-ring kit that has come in handy in situations like this in the past.

Ira

On Aug 2, 2020, at 3:37 PM, Ed Emery via groups.io <john.emery5@...> wrote:

Cheers,
Kevin

Thanks,

Chip Krout