Topics

Selling Car to Remote Buyer

Roger Searle

Hi All,

I have a possible buyer for my 1971 MGB GT who lives in Arizona.  If he buys it, I'm not sure he will come to PA to pick it up - just ship it there.  Does anyone have experience or recommendations doing a remote sales transaction?  My current plan is to have the payment wired to my account and afterward send the signed title with the car.

Best regards,

Roger Searle
searlerb@...
610.608.1562

Steve Harding

Roger,
That’s what I did when I sold my GT to George Van Horn. It went flawlessly.
Steve

On Feb 8, 2021, at 8:45 AM, Roger Searle via groups.io <searlerb@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I have a possible buyer for my 1971 MGB GT who lives in Arizona.  If he buys it, I'm not sure he will come to PA to pick it up - just ship it there.  Does anyone have experience or recommendations doing a remote sales transaction?  My current plan is to have the payment wired to my account and afterward send the signed title with the car.

Best regards,

Roger Searle
searlerb@...
610.608.1562

George Van Horn

Roger, when I bought my race car, it was in Washington state, after I wired the money, the dealer overnighted the title. Then I arranged shipping. Do not send title with car. Ensure that you can prove the buyer got the title.

On Monday, February 8, 2021 Roger Searle via groups.io <PhillyMGClub@groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

I have a possible buyer for my 1971 MGB GT who lives in Arizona.  If he buys it, I'm not sure he will come to PA to pick it up - just ship it there.  Does anyone have experience or recommendations doing a remote sales transaction?  My current plan is to have the payment wired to my account and afterward send the signed title with the car.

Best regards,

Roger Searle
searlerb@...
610.608.1562

Stephen McDowell <stephen.mcdowell2020@...>

Done this 2 times now.(where the buyer is out of the area).......I always leave it up the buyer to arrange shipment. One time a person was in Dallas, TX, the other Berlin, Germany.

The purchase is via PayPal but in multiple transactions as PayPal limits this to 10K or less (both times, the cars sold for $19,500, so two payments to cover the cost.
Both time the seller did not even come and view the car.  When sold I shipped all the trophies with the cars, after they belong to the car not me.

I got back all the money I invested in those sales but the current be has $40K sunk into it, so I will be holding on for a while....

v/r
Steve
703-628-8194 - Cell

On Monday, February 8, 2021, 8:45:57 AM EST, Roger Searle via groups.io <searlerb@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I have a possible buyer for my 1971 MGB GT who lives in Arizona.  If he buys it, I'm not sure he will come to PA to pick it up - just ship it there.  Does anyone have experience or recommendations doing a remote sales transaction?  My current plan is to have the payment wired to my account and afterward send the signed title with the car.

Best regards,

Roger Searle
searlerb@...
610.608.1562

Roger Searle

Thanks for the tip George.

[...]

Thanks Keven.  Did MG make a "be" model I don't know about?  :-)

[...]

LOL...auto correct from B to be

v/r
Steve
703-628-8194 - Cell