Philly MG Club - June Tech Session - Engine Rebuild

Roger Williams

Hello All

Kevin McLemore has agreed to leading the rebuild of the engine for my 1966 Austin Cooper S as part of an MG Club Tech Session.

All Philly MG Club members are welcome to attend. Kevin will explain as he goes and will field questions as work progresses. I know I will have questions!

My 1275 A-Series BMC engine is similar to the MG engine except the Mini transmission fits directly under the transversely mounted engine.

In preparation for this session Kevin and I dismantled the engine (on which I had performed a “dry fit”) and had me send the distributor to Advanced Distributor and the camshaft to Delta Cams for refurbishments. The gearbox was rebuilt as well in preparation for this rebuild.

Here is the engine before it was disassembled.

The details are :
Date : Sunday, June 27
Time : beginning at 9 AM
Collegeville
Phone : 484.902.8066 - 215.527.2853
Email : rogerotto@alumni.psu.edu

My home is located in 55+ Traditions at Skippack (TAS) across from the old Perkiomen Valley airport (Collegeville Road entrance). The TAS Mill Road entrance is approximately 1 mile up from Evansburg State Park where we hold the Club’s Saturday Breakfast.

Please RSVP. Refreshments and light lunch will be provided.

Roger Williams

Roger Searle

I plan on coming.  Afterward, I may stop at the Fitzwater Station for refreshment if anyone cares to join me.

Roger Searle

-----Original Message-----
To: PhillyMGClub@groups.io
Sent: Sat, Jun 19, 2021 12:13 pm
Subject: [PhillyMGClub] Philly MG Club - June Tech Session - Engine Rebuild

Hello All

Kevin McLemore has agreed to leading the rebuild of the engine for my 1966 Austin Cooper S as part of an MG Club Tech Session.

All Philly MG Club members are welcome to attend.  Kevin will explain as he goes and will field questions as work progresses.  I know I will have questions!

My 1275 A-Series BMC engine is similar to the MG engine except the Mini transmission fits directly under the    transversely mounted engine.

In preparation for this session Kevin and I dismantled the engine (on which I had performed a “dry fit”) and had me send the distributor to Advanced Distributor and the camshaft to Delta Cams for refurbishments.  The gearbox was rebuilt as well in preparation for this rebuild.

The details are :
Date :  Sunday, June 27
Time :  beginning at 9 AM
                    Collegeville
Phone :  484.902.8066 - 215.527.2853
Email : rogerotto@...

My home is located in 55+ Traditions at Skippack (TAS) across from the old Perkiomen Valley airport (Collegeville Road entrance).  The TAS Mill Road entrance is approximately 1 mile up from Evansburg State Park where we hold the Club’s Saturday Breakfast.

Please RSVP.  Refreshments and light lunch will be provided.

Roger Williams

Rev. Mark McDowell

Wish I could attend. Sorry to miss it.

Mark

On Sat, Jun 19, 2021 at 2:04 PM, Roger Searle via groups.io
<searlerb@...> wrote:
I plan on coming.  Afterward, I may stop at the Fitzwater Station for refreshment if anyone cares to join me.

Roger Searle

Hello All

All Philly MG Club members are welcome to attend.  Kevin will explain as he goes and will field questions as work progresses.  I know I will have questions!

My 1275 A-Series BMC engine is similar to the MG engine except the Mini transmission fits directly under the    transversely mounted engine.

In preparation for this session Kevin and I dismantled the engine (on which I had performed a “dry fit”) and had me send the distributor to Advanced Distributor and the camshaft to Delta Cams for refurbishments.  The gearbox was rebuilt as well in preparation for this rebuild.

The details are :
                    Collegeville

My home is located in 55+ Traditions at Skippack (TAS) across from the old Perkiomen Valley airport (Collegeville Road entrance).  The TAS Mill Road entrance is approximately 1 mile up from Evansburg State Park where we hold the Club’s Saturday Breakfast.

Roger Williams

Kevin McLemore

I think I'm *definitely* gonna need that! 😄

From: PhillyMGClub@groups.io <PhillyMGClub@groups.io> on behalf of Roger Searle via groups.io <searlerb@...>
Sent: Saturday, June 19, 2021 2:03 PM
To: PhillyMGClub@groups.io <PhillyMGClub@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [PhillyMGClub] Philly MG Club - June Tech Session - Engine Rebuild

Roger Searle

Hello All

The details are :
                    Collegeville

Roger Williams

Ken Collins

Roger,
Sounds like a plan!
Ken

On Jun 19, 2021, at 4:52 PM, Kevin McLemore <kmclemore@...> wrote:

I think I'm *definitely* gonna need that! 😄 

From: PhillyMGClub@groups.io <PhillyMGClub@groups.io> on behalf of Roger Searle via groups.io <searlerb@...>
Sent: Saturday, June 19, 2021 2:03 PM
To: PhillyMGClub@groups.io <PhillyMGClub@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [PhillyMGClub] Philly MG Club - June Tech Session - Engine Rebuild

Roger Searle

To: PhillyMGClub@groups.io

Hello All

The details are :
                    Collegeville
Email : rogerotto@...

Roger Williams

Bernie Hall

Roger,

I'm planning to attend the Tech Session on Sunday.

Bernie Hall
'66 B

From: PhillyMGClub@groups.io <PhillyMGClub@groups.io> on behalf of Roger Williams <rogerotto@...>
Sent: Saturday, June 19, 2021 12:13 PM

Hello All

My 1275 A-Series BMC engine is similar to the MG engine except the Mini transmission fits directly under the     transversely mounted engine.

The details are :
                     Collegeville

Roger Williams

Roger Williams

Hello All !

Just a reminder re: the Tech Session (A-Series engine rebuild) this Sunday June 27 beginning at 9 AM at my house.

Details in forwarded email.
Please call if you have any questions.

Roger Williams
3859 Somerset Drive
Collegeville

On Jun 19, 2021, at 12:13 PM, Roger Williams <rogerotto@alumni.psu.edu> wrote:

Hello All

All Philly MG Club members are welcome to attend. Kevin will explain as he goes and will field questions as work progresses. I know I will have questions!

My 1275 A-Series BMC engine is similar to the MG engine except the Mini transmission fits directly under the transversely mounted engine.

In preparation for this session Kevin and I dismantled the engine (on which I had performed a “dry fit”) and had me send the distributor to Advanced Distributor and the camshaft to Delta Cams for refurbishments. The gearbox was rebuilt as well in preparation for this rebuild.

<image1.jpeg>

The details are :
Date : Sunday, June 27
Time : beginning at 9 AM
Collegeville
Phone : 484.902.8066 - 215.527.2853
Email : rogerotto@alumni.psu.edu

My home is located in 55+ Traditions at Skippack (TAS) across from the old Perkiomen Valley airport (Collegeville Road entrance). The TAS Mill Road entrance is approximately 1 mile up from Evansburg State Park where we hold the Club’s Saturday Breakfast.

Please RSVP. Refreshments and light lunch will be provided.

Roger Williams

Kenn & Kathy Brown

Kenn plans to attend!

All the best,
Kathy

From the office of:
Kenn Brown RS282284
CHRISTIE'S International Real Estate
Long and Foster Real Estate
92 Lancaster Ave., Devon, PA 19333
cell: 610.585.0011 

Admin. Kathy #610-715-8881
www.oldmainlinehomes.com

Referrals are the key to our SUCCESS.....because good people know good people!

On Fri, Jun 25, 2021, 5:43 PM Bernie Hall <behall5@...> wrote:
Roger,

I'm planning to attend the Tech Session on Sunday.

Bernie Hall
'66 B

From: PhillyMGClub@groups.io <PhillyMGClub@groups.io> on behalf of Roger Williams <rogerotto@...>
Sent: Saturday, June 19, 2021 12:13 PM

Hello All

My 1275 A-Series BMC engine is similar to the MG engine except the Mini transmission fits directly under the     transversely mounted engine.

The details are :
                     Collegeville

Roger Williams

Jonathan Eide

Edited

I’ll be there, but won’t be able to come until 1030 or 11, looking forward to it