Topics

Non-ethanol Fuel

Kevin McLemore

Regarding Jim O’Clair’s great article reprint in the latest Nuffield News, I thought I’d pass on a tip. There’s a phone app called “Pure Gas” that will help you locate gasoline retailers who sell ethanol-free gasolines. (It also helps find high-octane fuels as well... most of our LBCs don’t need much more than premium gasoline, but perhaps some of you may have high compression racing motors that would benefit from the slower burn a very high-octane fuel offers.)

Ethanol-free gasoline is more expensive, but then we don’t really use all that much in our LBCs, so the added cost isn’t that painful. The difference is certainly cheaper than a tow and a carburetor rebuild kit!

I also started using non-ethanol in my boats several years ago, and although it’s somewhat more expensive it has prevented previously experienced bouts of water in the gasoline resulting in sudden engine shutdowns... a scary situation when you’re out in the middle of a large body of water! Anyway, I mention this because ethanol-free petrol can also often be found near marinas, since most boaters now use it.

Stephen McDowell

I have been using the Lucas Oil Safeguard Ethanol Fuel Conditioner (pic attached).
Add 2 oz to every fill up (not as good a Pure Gas but it works well).....also keep you tank full so condensation doesn't creep into the tank.

You can get it at Pepboys, Autozone, Advanced Auto or at Amazon

v/r
Steve
703-628-8194 - Cell