Monthly Zoom Meeting / Mini Tech Session!

Roger Williams

Hello All

Thanks for all your collective help this evening during our monthly Zoom meeting. It certainly was instructional. I was able to much better understand the assistance Chip Krout and Bob Hitchiner provided via email. Thanks Chip and Bob.

George, thank you for your offer re: the mini binnacle. When you are able to send a picture my email is rogerotto@alumni.psu.edu.

Kevin I will try to remove the interior light base so you can determine if this is a candidate for your 3D printer. Kenn also expressed an interest.

I just received a MK1 car show judging form from a member of one of my mini forums. I will also follow up with the suggestions received - AACA and Paul Hanley (Maryland).

Thanks again one and all!

Roger Williams
1966 Austin Cooper S

On Oct 13, 2020, at 10:35 AM, Roger Williams via groups.io <rogerotto=alumni.psu.edu@groups.io> wrote:

Thanks Bob

My real question is how do I “hook it up”.
What am I connecting it to?

I know the fuel pump works since I tested it after I rebuilt it.
I assume the fuel pump starts with a turn of the ignition key.

So... back to how to “hook up” the battery.

Maybe we can discuss this evening during the Zoom meeting.

Thanks
Roger Williams
‘66 Austin Cooper S
On Oct 13, 2020, at 9:50 AM, Bob Hitchiner via groups.io <rhitchiner=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Roger.
I don't see why you can't take your bench battery, properly charged, and hook it up and test the systems. The motor is just a battery charger as far as your electric is concerned. You can test the fuel pump carefully with a helper. The key on/starter line can be tested with a volt meter.
Bob
On Oct 12, 2020, at 3:17 PM, Roger Williams <rogerotto@alumni.psu.edu> wrote:

Hello All

I am nearly finished installing a new wiring harness in my Austin Cooper S. I have tested items such as the horn, wipers, heater blower, lights, etc. using my 12V bench battery so I know they work independent of the wiring harness.

Once the switches on the dash and the steering column are connected I would like to re-test.

So... my question is .... how/can do I do that?

The battery is not in the car.
The engine is not in the car.

Roger Williams
‘66 Austin Cooper S