MG Club Breakfast this Saturday (with tech session!)


Kevin McLemore
 

Hi folks - 

We have our monthly MG Breakfast coming up this Saturday, and a member asked if we might have a session on carburettors. As such, I’d be happy to offer what I know in terms of the design, operation and tuning of SU carbs. I’ll bring a set of carbs to illustrate the discussion and also some tuning tools to demonstrate their proper operation. Other’s input or questions during the discussion will be graciously welcomed.

Please plan to join us - the pavilion shroud have plenty of bench seating, but you may wish to bring your own comfy folding chair. (And of course it’s BYO food as usual.)
  

Details Below:

Date:    Saturday, April 17, 2021

Rain Date:    RAIN, SNOW OR SHINE (the pavilion will keep us out of the weather)

Time:    9:00 am - 10:00 am (-ish)

Location:    FORT WASHINGTON STATE PARK - Militia Hill Pavilion, at Parking Lot #3 

Google Maps Link:    https://goo.gl/maps/RKXFEUhbXBLwtZT27


Paul Trout
 

There should be plenty of British cars there as the Delaware Valley Jaguar Club is also having a breakfast there as well. 

Paul G Trout 
Vice President DVJC 


On Apr 14, 2021, at 9:07 AM, Kevin McLemore <kmclemore@...> wrote:

Hi folks - 

We have our monthly MG Breakfast coming up this Saturday, and a member asked if we might have a session on carburettors. As such, I’d be happy to offer what I know in terms of the design, operation and tuning of SU carbs. I’ll bring a set of carbs to illustrate the discussion and also some tuning tools to demonstrate their proper operation. Other’s input or questions during the discussion will be graciously welcomed.

Please plan to join us - the pavilion shroud have plenty of bench seating, but you may wish to bring your own comfy folding chair. (And of course it’s BYO food as usual.)
  

Details Below:

Date:    Saturday, April 17, 2021

Rain Date:    RAIN, SNOW OR SHINE (the pavilion will keep us out of the weather)

Time:    9:00 am - 10:00 am (-ish)

Location:    FORT WASHINGTON STATE PARK - Militia Hill Pavilion, at Parking Lot #3 

Google Maps Link:    https://goo.gl/maps/RKXFEUhbXBLwtZT27


Lester Weinraub
 

Will be away. Have fun 

Lester


On Apr 14, 2021, at 9:07 AM, Kevin McLemore <kmclemore@...> wrote:

Hi folks - 

We have our monthly MG Breakfast coming up this Saturday, and a member asked if we might have a session on carburettors. As such, I’d be happy to offer what I know in terms of the design, operation and tuning of SU carbs. I’ll bring a set of carbs to illustrate the discussion and also some tuning tools to demonstrate their proper operation. Other’s input or questions during the discussion will be graciously welcomed.

Please plan to join us - the pavilion shroud have plenty of bench seating, but you may wish to bring your own comfy folding chair. (And of course it’s BYO food as usual.)
  

Details Below:

Date:    Saturday, April 17, 2021

Rain Date:    RAIN, SNOW OR SHINE (the pavilion will keep us out of the weather)

Time:    9:00 am - 10:00 am (-ish)

Location:    FORT WASHINGTON STATE PARK - Militia Hill Pavilion, at Parking Lot #3 

Google Maps Link:    https://goo.gl/maps/RKXFEUhbXBLwtZT27


Kevin McLemore
 

Yikes! I’m sorry, Paul, I had no idea. 

Did you guys reserved the pavilion? And how big is your group? Perhaps we can be at one end and they at the other? Or if your club is interested we can do a joint gig?

Cheers,
Kevin

On Apr 14, 2021, at 10:44 AM, Paul Trout via groups.io <pgtgt@...> wrote:

There should be plenty of British cars there as the Delaware Valley Jaguar Club is also having a breakfast there as well. 

Paul G Trout 
Vice President DVJC 


On Apr 14, 2021, at 9:07 AM, Kevin McLemore <kmclemore@...> wrote:

Hi folks - 

We have our monthly MG Breakfast coming up this Saturday, and a member asked if we might have a session on carburettors. As such, I’d be happy to offer what I know in terms of the design, operation and tuning of SU carbs. I’ll bring a set of carbs to illustrate the discussion and also some tuning tools to demonstrate their proper operation. Other’s input or questions during the discussion will be graciously welcomed.

Please plan to join us - the pavilion shroud have plenty of bench seating, but you may wish to bring your own comfy folding chair. (And of course it’s BYO food as usual.)
  

Details Below:

Date:    Saturday, April 17, 2021

Rain Date:    RAIN, SNOW OR SHINE (the pavilion will keep us out of the weather)

Time:    9:00 am - 10:00 am (-ish)

Location:    FORT WASHINGTON STATE PARK - Militia Hill Pavilion, at Parking Lot #3 

Google Maps Link:    https://goo.gl/maps/RKXFEUhbXBLwtZT27


Kevin McLemore
 

OK, so I’ve got more info. The Jag club doesn’t meet until 10:00 am. We are meeting at 9:00. I published the date for this month’s breakfast back on March 20th but hadn’t heard anything about this conflict until now. I’ll try my best to avoid any DVJC conflicts in future. 

To resolve this week’s issue, I propose we meet at the far end of the pavilion and have our tech session and socializing. We’re usually only there for an hour or two at the most, so our groups would only overlap one hour or less. If the DVJC group is about the same size as ours there should plenty of room for Covid separation.

In addition, I’d like extend the offer to the Jag folks to attend our mini-tech session on SU carbs at 9:00 if that would be if interest to them. 

Do you all think that will work? Otherwise I’ll look into using another pavilion or venue. Please reply ASAP. Thanks! 


Paul Trout
 

Kevin, 
Shouldn’t be a problem as we have been meeting up at the outdoor picnic tables. We don’t reserve the pavilion. Also I think our start time is a bit later than yours. It’ll be fun. 

Paul T


On Apr 14, 2021, at 11:09 AM, Kevin McLemore <kmclemore@...> wrote:

 Yikes! I’m sorry, Paul, I had no idea. 

Did you guys reserved the pavilion? And how big is your group? Perhaps we can be at one end and they at the other? Or if your club is interested we can do a joint gig?

Cheers,
Kevin

On Apr 14, 2021, at 10:44 AM, Paul Trout via groups.io <pgtgt@...> wrote:

There should be plenty of British cars there as the Delaware Valley Jaguar Club is also having a breakfast there as well. 

Paul G Trout 
Vice President DVJC 


On Apr 14, 2021, at 9:07 AM, Kevin McLemore <kmclemore@...> wrote:

Hi folks - 

We have our monthly MG Breakfast coming up this Saturday, and a member asked if we might have a session on carburettors. As such, I’d be happy to offer what I know in terms of the design, operation and tuning of SU carbs. I’ll bring a set of carbs to illustrate the discussion and also some tuning tools to demonstrate their proper operation. Other’s input or questions during the discussion will be graciously welcomed.

Please plan to join us - the pavilion shroud have plenty of bench seating, but you may wish to bring your own comfy folding chair. (And of course it’s BYO food as usual.)
  

Details Below:

Date:    Saturday, April 17, 2021

Rain Date:    RAIN, SNOW OR SHINE (the pavilion will keep us out of the weather)

Time:    9:00 am - 10:00 am (-ish)

Location:    FORT WASHINGTON STATE PARK - Militia Hill Pavilion, at Parking Lot #3 

Google Maps Link:    https://goo.gl/maps/RKXFEUhbXBLwtZT27


Paul Trout
 

Should not be an issue. We haven’t used the pavilion in the past and don’t think the plan is to use it this week either. I’ll pass the tech session invite along. 

Thank,

Paul T


On Apr 14, 2021, at 11:41 AM, Kevin McLemore <kmclemore@...> wrote:

OK, so I’ve got more info. The Jag club doesn’t meet until 10:00 am. We are meeting at 9:00. I published the date for this month’s breakfast back on March 20th but hadn’t heard anything about this conflict until now. I’ll try my best to avoid any DVJC conflicts in future. 

To resolve this week’s issue, I propose we meet at the far end of the pavilion and have our tech session and socializing. We’re usually only there for an hour or two at the most, so our groups would only overlap one hour or less. If the DVJC group is about the same size as ours there should plenty of room for Covid separation.

In addition, I’d like extend the offer to the Jag folks to attend our mini-tech session on SU carbs at 9:00 if that would be if interest to them. 

Do you all think that will work? Otherwise I’ll look into using another pavilion or venue. Please reply ASAP. Thanks! 


Kristi Liebel
 

I think it sounds perfect! And I have no issues with opening up the tech session to the DVJC. 

Kristi

On Apr 14, 2021, at 11:41 AM, Kevin McLemore <kmclemore@...> wrote:

OK, so I’ve got more info. The Jag club doesn’t meet until 10:00 am. We are meeting at 9:00. I published the date for this month’s breakfast back on March 20th but hadn’t heard anything about this conflict until now. I’ll try my best to avoid any DVJC conflicts in future. 

To resolve this week’s issue, I propose we meet at the far end of the pavilion and have our tech session and socializing. We’re usually only there for an hour or two at the most, so our groups would only overlap one hour or less. If the DVJC group is about the same size as ours there should plenty of room for Covid separation.

In addition, I’d like extend the offer to the Jag folks to attend our mini-tech session on SU carbs at 9:00 if that would be if interest to them. 

Do you all think that will work? Otherwise I’ll look into using another pavilion or venue. Please reply ASAP. Thanks! 


Martin Cameron
 

All sounds good see you there Saturday 


Martin

On Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 12:28 PM, Kristi Liebel <kliebel@...> wrote:

I think it sounds perfect! And I have no issues with opening up the tech session to the DVJC. 

Kristi

On Apr 14, 2021, at 11:41 AM, Kevin McLemore <kmclemore@...> wrote:

OK, so I’ve got more info. The Jag club doesn’t meet until 10:00 am. We are meeting at 9:00. I published the date for this month’s breakfast back on March 20th but hadn’t heard anything about this conflict until now. I’ll try my best to avoid any DVJC conflicts in future. 

To resolve this week’s issue, I propose we meet at the far end of the pavilion and have our tech session and socializing. We’re usually only there for an hour or two at the most, so our groups would only overlap one hour or less. If the DVJC group is about the same size as ours there should plenty of room for Covid separation.

In addition, I’d like extend the offer to the Jag folks to attend our mini-tech session on SU carbs at 9:00 if that would be if interest to them. 

Do you all think that will work? Otherwise I’ll look into using another pavilion or venue. Please reply ASAP. Thanks! 


Kevin McLemore
 

Just a reminder - tomorrow is our monthly PMGC breakfast at 9:00 am. 

I'll offer a short overview of SU carbs and I welcome others to join in the discussion.

The Jaguar Club will also be there, arriving around 10:00, so it should be an interesting parking lot!

Cheers,
Kevin


From: PhillyMGClub@groups.io <PhillyMGClub@groups.io> on behalf of Kevin McLemore <kmclemore@...>
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2021 11:41 AM
To: PhillyMGClub@groups.io <PhillyMGClub@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [PhillyMGClub] MG Club Breakfast this Saturday (with tech session!)
 
OK, so I’ve got more info. The Jag club doesn’t meet until 10:00 am. We are meeting at 9:00. I published the date for this month’s breakfast back on March 20th but hadn’t heard anything about this conflict until now. I’ll try my best to avoid any DVJC conflicts in future. 

To resolve this week’s issue, I propose we meet at the far end of the pavilion and have our tech session and socializing. We’re usually only there for an hour or two at the most, so our groups would only overlap one hour or less. If the DVJC group is about the same size as ours there should plenty of room for Covid separation.

In addition, I’d like extend the offer to the Jag folks to attend our mini-tech session on SU carbs at 9:00 if that would be if interest to them. 

Do you all think that will work? Otherwise I’ll look into using another pavilion or venue. Please reply ASAP. Thanks! 


Larry Spitzer
 

Will try to make it, so long as it's not 45 degrees like it was today. My soft top has been put away, in anticipation of warmer weather...


On Apr 16, 2021, at 4:26 PM, Kevin McLemore <kmclemore@...> wrote:

Just a reminder - tomorrow is our monthly PMGC breakfast at 9:00 am. 

I'll offer a short overview of SU carbs and I welcome others to join in the discussion.

The Jaguar Club will also be there, arriving around 10:00, so it should be an interesting parking lot!

Cheers,
Kevin


From: PhillyMGClub@groups.io <PhillyMGClub@groups.io> on behalf of Kevin McLemore <kmclemore@...>
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2021 11:41 AM
To: PhillyMGClub@groups.io <PhillyMGClub@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [PhillyMGClub] MG Club Breakfast this Saturday (with tech session!)
 
OK, so I’ve got more info. The Jag club doesn’t meet until 10:00 am. We are meeting at 9:00. I published the date for this month’s breakfast back on March 20th but hadn’t heard anything about this conflict until now. I’ll try my best to avoid any DVJC conflicts in future. 

To resolve this week’s issue, I propose we meet at the far end of the pavilion and have our tech session and socializing. We’re usually only there for an hour or two at the most, so our groups would only overlap one hour or less. If the DVJC group is about the same size as ours there should plenty of room for Covid separation.

In addition, I’d like extend the offer to the Jag folks to attend our mini-tech session on SU carbs at 9:00 if that would be if interest to them. 

Do you all think that will work? Otherwise I’ll look into using another pavilion or venue. Please reply ASAP. Thanks! 


Kevin McLemore
 

It will be about 45F tomorrow at 9:00 am, so..... I guess we'll see you next month?!  🙁  😉 😄


From: PhillyMGClub@groups.io <PhillyMGClub@groups.io> on behalf of Larry Spitzer via groups.io <extremedoc@...>
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2021 4:39 PM
To: PhillyMGClub@groups.io <PhillyMGClub@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [PhillyMGClub] MG Club Breakfast this Saturday (with tech session!)
 
Will try to make it, so long as it's not 45 degrees like it was today. My soft top has been put away, in anticipation of warmer weather...


On Apr 16, 2021, at 4:26 PM, Kevin McLemore <kmclemore@...> wrote:

Just a reminder - tomorrow is our monthly PMGC breakfast at 9:00 am. 

I'll offer a short overview of SU carbs and I welcome others to join in the discussion.

The Jaguar Club will also be there, arriving around 10:00, so it should be an interesting parking lot!

Cheers,
Kevin


From: PhillyMGClub@groups.io <PhillyMGClub@groups.io> on behalf of Kevin McLemore <kmclemore@...>
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2021 11:41 AM
To: PhillyMGClub@groups.io <PhillyMGClub@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [PhillyMGClub] MG Club Breakfast this Saturday (with tech session!)
 
OK, so I’ve got more info. The Jag club doesn’t meet until 10:00 am. We are meeting at 9:00. I published the date for this month’s breakfast back on March 20th but hadn’t heard anything about this conflict until now. I’ll try my best to avoid any DVJC conflicts in future. 

To resolve this week’s issue, I propose we meet at the far end of the pavilion and have our tech session and socializing. We’re usually only there for an hour or two at the most, so our groups would only overlap one hour or less. If the DVJC group is about the same size as ours there should plenty of room for Covid separation.

In addition, I’d like extend the offer to the Jag folks to attend our mini-tech session on SU carbs at 9:00 if that would be if interest to them. 

Do you all think that will work? Otherwise I’ll look into using another pavilion or venue. Please reply ASAP. Thanks! 


Martin Cameron
 

All good 


Martin

On Friday, April 16, 2021, 4:43 PM, Kevin McLemore <kmclemore@...> wrote:

It will be about 45F tomorrow at 9:00 am, so..... I guess we'll see you next month?!  🙁  😉 😄


From: PhillyMGClub@groups.io <PhillyMGClub@groups.io> on behalf of Larry Spitzer via groups.io <extremedoc@...>
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2021 4:39 PM
To: PhillyMGClub@groups.io <PhillyMGClub@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [PhillyMGClub] MG Club Breakfast this Saturday (with tech session!)
 
Will try to make it, so long as it's not 45 degrees like it was today. My soft top has been put away, in anticipation of warmer weather...


On Apr 16, 2021, at 4:26 PM, Kevin McLemore <kmclemore@...> wrote:

Just a reminder - tomorrow is our monthly PMGC breakfast at 9:00 am. 

I'll offer a short overview of SU carbs and I welcome others to join in the discussion.

The Jaguar Club will also be there, arriving around 10:00, so it should be an interesting parking lot!

Cheers,
Kevin


From: PhillyMGClub@groups.io <PhillyMGClub@groups.io> on behalf of Kevin McLemore <kmclemore@...>
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2021 11:41 AM
To: PhillyMGClub@groups.io <PhillyMGClub@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [PhillyMGClub] MG Club Breakfast this Saturday (with tech session!)
 
OK, so I’ve got more info. The Jag club doesn’t meet until 10:00 am. We are meeting at 9:00. I published the date for this month’s breakfast back on March 20th but hadn’t heard anything about this conflict until now. I’ll try my best to avoid any DVJC conflicts in future. 

To resolve this week’s issue, I propose we meet at the far end of the pavilion and have our tech session and socializing. We’re usually only there for an hour or two at the most, so our groups would only overlap one hour or less. If the DVJC group is about the same size as ours there should plenty of room for Covid separation.

In addition, I’d like extend the offer to the Jag folks to attend our mini-tech session on SU carbs at 9:00 if that would be if interest to them. 

Do you all think that will work? Otherwise I’ll look into using another pavilion or venue. Please reply ASAP. Thanks! 


Martin Cameron
 

I assume this is still on see you all at 9:00


Martin

On Saturday, April 17, 2021, 8:27 AM, Martin Cameron via groups.io <cameronm139@...> wrote:

All good 


Martin

On Friday, April 16, 2021, 4:43 PM, Kevin McLemore <kmclemore@...> wrote:

It will be about 45F tomorrow at 9:00 am, so..... I guess we'll see you next month?!  🙁  😉 😄


From: PhillyMGClub@groups.io <PhillyMGClub@groups.io> on behalf of Larry Spitzer via groups.io <extremedoc@...>
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2021 4:39 PM
To: PhillyMGClub@groups.io <PhillyMGClub@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [PhillyMGClub] MG Club Breakfast this Saturday (with tech session!)
 
Will try to make it, so long as it's not 45 degrees like it was today. My soft top has been put away, in anticipation of warmer weather...


On Apr 16, 2021, at 4:26 PM, Kevin McLemore <kmclemore@...> wrote:

Just a reminder - tomorrow is our monthly PMGC breakfast at 9:00 am. 

I'll offer a short overview of SU carbs and I welcome others to join in the discussion.

The Jaguar Club will also be there, arriving around 10:00, so it should be an interesting parking lot!

Cheers,
Kevin


From: PhillyMGClub@groups.io <PhillyMGClub@groups.io> on behalf of Kevin McLemore <kmclemore@...>
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2021 11:41 AM
To: PhillyMGClub@groups.io <PhillyMGClub@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [PhillyMGClub] MG Club Breakfast this Saturday (with tech session!)
 
OK, so I’ve got more info. The Jag club doesn’t meet until 10:00 am. We are meeting at 9:00. I published the date for this month’s breakfast back on March 20th but hadn’t heard anything about this conflict until now. I’ll try my best to avoid any DVJC conflicts in future. 

To resolve this week’s issue, I propose we meet at the far end of the pavilion and have our tech session and socializing. We’re usually only there for an hour or two at the most, so our groups would only overlap one hour or less. If the DVJC group is about the same size as ours there should plenty of room for Covid separation.

In addition, I’d like extend the offer to the Jag folks to attend our mini-tech session on SU carbs at 9:00 if that would be if interest to them. 

Do you all think that will work? Otherwise I’ll look into using another pavilion or venue. Please reply ASAP. Thanks! 


Kristi Liebel
 

We are here, where are you???

Safety Fast,

Kristi 

On Apr 17, 2021, at 8:29 AM, Martin Cameron via groups.io <cameronm139@...> wrote:

 I assume this is still on see you all at 9:00


Martin

On Saturday, April 17, 2021, 8:27 AM, Martin Cameron via groups.io <cameronm139@...> wrote:

All good 


Martin

On Friday, April 16, 2021, 4:43 PM, Kevin McLemore <kmclemore@...> wrote:

It will be about 45F tomorrow at 9:00 am, so..... I guess we'll see you next month?!  🙁  😉 😄


From: PhillyMGClub@groups.io <PhillyMGClub@groups.io> on behalf of Larry Spitzer via groups.io <extremedoc@...>
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2021 4:39 PM
To: PhillyMGClub@groups.io <PhillyMGClub@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [PhillyMGClub] MG Club Breakfast this Saturday (with tech session!)
 
Will try to make it, so long as it's not 45 degrees like it was today. My soft top has been put away, in anticipation of warmer weather...


On Apr 16, 2021, at 4:26 PM, Kevin McLemore <kmclemore@...> wrote:

Just a reminder - tomorrow is our monthly PMGC breakfast at 9:00 am. 

I'll offer a short overview of SU carbs and I welcome others to join in the discussion.

The Jaguar Club will also be there, arriving around 10:00, so it should be an interesting parking lot!

Cheers,
Kevin


From: PhillyMGClub@groups.io <PhillyMGClub@groups.io> on behalf of Kevin McLemore <kmclemore@...>
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2021 11:41 AM
To: PhillyMGClub@groups.io <PhillyMGClub@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [PhillyMGClub] MG Club Breakfast this Saturday (with tech session!)
 
OK, so I’ve got more info. The Jag club doesn’t meet until 10:00 am. We are meeting at 9:00. I published the date for this month’s breakfast back on March 20th but hadn’t heard anything about this conflict until now. I’ll try my best to avoid any DVJC conflicts in future. 

To resolve this week’s issue, I propose we meet at the far end of the pavilion and have our tech session and socializing. We’re usually only there for an hour or two at the most, so our groups would only overlap one hour or less. If the DVJC group is about the same size as ours there should plenty of room for Covid separation.

In addition, I’d like extend the offer to the Jag folks to attend our mini-tech session on SU carbs at 9:00 if that would be if interest to them. 

Do you all think that will work? Otherwise I’ll look into using another pavilion or venue. Please reply ASAP. Thanks!