From: Ryan Kubanoff <ryan.kubanoff@...>
To: PhillyMGClub@groups.io
Sent: Tue, Jun 29, 2021 10:01 pm
Subject: [PhillyMGClub] Let’s talk paint

Okay I am ready to get my midget painted now that all of the metal work and body filler is on and ready to go. The problem is that none of the normal body shops will touch it (too much work, we can't drive it around to the different stations) and the restoration shops near me want $15k.

So where did you get yours painted and how much?

Anybody have any suggestions?
I am getting desperate
Ryan

74 Midget

Lester Weinraub

Ryan

I had A local collision shop do it 16 years ago and it cost 3K.  Everything was stripped off and there was no body work to do.   Unfortunately I think there has been a change in ownership so not sure still would go there

Lester

On Jun 30, 2021, at 6:02 AM, Roger Searle via groups.io <searlerb@...> wrote:

Ryan, my information is about a dozen years old.  The small shop I used to restore my Roadster had it painted at a Macco.  Macco did all the body work and did a pretty good, but not concourse quality,  job.  It cost about four grand.

Okay I am ready to get my midget painted now that all of the metal work and body filler is on and ready to go. The problem is that none of the normal body shops will touch it (too much work, we can't drive it around to the different stations) and the restoration shops near me want $15k.

So where did you get yours painted and how much?

Anybody have any suggestions?
I am getting desperate
Ryan

74 Midget

Kenn & Kathy Brown

Ryan ,
I just had my Miata painted at JN Automotive in Lansdale. They did rust repair on both doglegs  and the windshield pillars, also repaired the front bumper cover which had a hole in it. With a new windshield it cost $3500. Not concourse quality on the repairs but serviceable.

On Jun 30, 2021, at 6:02 AM, Roger Searle via groups.io <searlerb=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Ryan, my information is about a dozen years old.  The small shop I used to restore my Roadster had it painted at a Macco.  Macco did all the body work and did a pretty good, but not concourse quality,  job.  It cost about four grand.

Okay I am ready to get my midget painted now that all of the metal work and body filler is on and ready to go. The problem is that none of the normal body shops will touch it (too much work, we can't drive it around to the different stations) and the restoration shops near me want $15k.

So where did you get yours painted and how much?

Anybody have any suggestions?
I am getting desperate
Ryan

74 Midget

Kenn & Kathy Brown

Ryan,
That price on the Miata included a cash discount…..fyi….

On Jun 30, 2021, at 7:46 AM, Kenn & Kathy Brown via groups.io <oldmainlinehomes@...> wrote:

[...]

Attachments:

Allen Hanford

I got my midget painted at the Maaco in Roxborough and was very happy with the result. It's no show quality paint job, but my car is a driver.

I took off all the chrome and the windshield myself and didn't have them paint the door jambs or any interior stuff like that. It cost me $1300.00 which is unbeatable.

Robert Palac

I use Skip Stotesbury who does restoration and always am happy with his work. He is fare and knowledgeable.  Skip does marine service, fiberglass, engine rebuild and a lot of vintage cars. Currently he just restored a 56 Corvette and is now restoring Princes Grace Kelly former car. Skip’s cell is 215-768-9900 It’s worth the phone call. (tell him you know Bob Palac through my MG)

Okay I am ready to get my midget painted now that all of the metal work and body filler is on and ready to go. The problem is that none of the normal body shops will touch it (too much work, we can't drive it around to the different stations) and the restoration shops near me want $15k.

So where did you get yours painted and how much?

Anybody have any suggestions?

I am getting desperate

Ryan

74 Midget

Attachments:

Bob Hitchiner

Maaco in Montgomeryville does a good job also.