Topics

Flasher units

lgweinraub

I am putting in LED bulbs and need to replace the two flasher units. I replaced the one behind the glove box. I have been told that the second one is behind the console and radio. Any suggestions how to easily access this unit
Thx
1974 Mgb

Lester, I think they are both accessible with the glove box removed. One is neat to the wiper motor and one is a bit farther to the left, if I recall correctly.

On Aug 4, 2019, at 11:53 AM, lgweinraub <lgweinraub@...> wrote:

I am putting in LED bulbs and need to replace the two flasher units. I replaced the one behind the glove box. I have been told that the second one is behind the console and radio. Any suggestions how to easily access this unit
Thx
1974 Mgb

Lester

Stephen McDowell

I did this last month, both relays are behind the glove box.
The replacements that MOSS sells are the correct ones as they have a grounding lead that is needed.....don't buy one at AutoZone or elsewhere that does not have the ground wire.
There are two types of relays (2 prong and 3 prong) so, pull your old ones out, label them (turn or 4 way) then order the corresponding one from Moss.

While you are at it, replace headlights with LED ones from  vintagecarleds.com too and add relays to the lights, side markers, horn, fans.
Replace the Lucas relays with RL44s too

v/r
Steve
703-628-8194 - Cell

On ‎Sunday‎, ‎August‎ ‎4‎, ‎2019‎ ‎11‎:‎53‎:‎29‎ ‎AM‎ ‎EDT, lgweinraub <lgweinraub@...> wrote:

I am putting in LED bulbs and need to replace the two flasher units.  I replaced the one behind the glove box.  I have been told that the second one is behind the console and radio.  Any suggestions how to easily access this unit
Thx
1974 Mgb

Lester

George Van Horn

On a 74, the 4 way flasher is behind the center console, console must be moved to get to it

On Sunday, August 4, 2019 Stephen McDowell via Groups.Io <PhillyMGClub@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

nsp7919@...

Hi Lester,

When we did the interior of our B last summer, I took some photos
for reference (when I put it back together).
I pulled the radio box (2 or 4 side screws?) and removed the Nut
holding down the Heater and Defrost Knobs.  Once the Radio box
is free, you can see behind it what I believe is the Flasher unit
you may be hunting for (take a look at the attached photo).
Assuming your '74 interior is very similar to our '78.
Jeff
1978 MGB