Topics

Car Show & A Movie - Ford vs Ferrari

Kevin McLemore

Just posting this for anyone who's interested.

I plan to go to the "Car Show & A Movie" event to watch the new "Ford vs Ferrari" movie and will likely take the MG TD (weather permitting). It will be held at the
Penn Cinema in Huntingdon Valley (2068 County Line Rd, Huntingdon Valley, PA) starting at 12:00 noon, this Saturday Nov. 16. Movie starts at 12:30 pm Saturday and tickets are still available via Fandango. The show is sponsored by the Shelby American Club.

Harry Hurst

After you see the movie, go to the Simeone Museum to see the actual cars that raced in that time. They have an exhibit with a Ford Mk II, a Mk IV, and a Ferrari 250P. Fox Studios has been working with the Museum for promotion and has sent them the real costumes that Christian Bale and Matt Damon wore in the movie. Well worth the visit!

Harry Hurst
610-725-9600 Cell

2138 Lombard St., 4A, Philadelphia, PA 19146

h.hurst@...

On 11/13/19 11:02 PM, Kevin McLemore wrote:
Just posting this for anyone who's interested.

I plan to go to the "Car Show & A Movie" event to watch the new "Ford vs Ferrari" movie and will likely take the MG TD (weather permitting). It will be held at the
Penn Cinema in Huntingdon Valley (2068 County Line Rd, Huntingdon Valley, PA) starting at 12:00 noon, this Saturday Nov. 16. Movie starts at 12:30 pm Saturday and tickets are still available via Fandango. The show is sponsored by the Shelby American Club.

Steve Perlman

Kevin,

I will give you a definite maybe.

Steve P

--
Yesterday is a Memory,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,

Kevin McLemore

Excellent. I will give you a tentative “nice to have you along”!  ;-)

On Nov 14, 2019, at 8:28 AM, Steve Perlman <sperlman63@...> wrote:

Kevin,

I will give you a definite maybe.

Steve P

On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 11:02 PM Kevin McLemore <kmclemore@...> wrote:
Just posting this for anyone who's interested.

I plan to go to the "Car Show & A Movie" event to watch the new "Ford vs Ferrari" movie and will likely take the MG TD (weather permitting). It will be held at the
Penn Cinema in Huntingdon Valley (2068 County Line Rd, Huntingdon Valley, PA) starting at 12:00 noon, this Saturday Nov. 16. Movie starts at 12:30 pm Saturday and tickets are still available via Fandango. The show is sponsored by the Shelby American Club.

--
Yesterday is a Memory,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
Today is a Gift,
That's why it's called
The Present...........

Stephen McDowell <stephen.mcdowell2020@...>

I think we are going there this Fri then off to the Flyers game

v/r
Steve
703-628-8194 - Cell

On Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 11:25:55 PM EST, Harry Hurst <h.hurst@...> wrote:

[...]

Ed Emery

I saw it on Sunday.  I enjoyed it as did my wife.  She did bring ear plugs.
Also if you have Netflicks there is a documentary about that rivalry called "the 24 hour war"

Ed E

[...]

Would also recommend the "Shelby American" film on Netfilx. It is produced by Adam Carolla, as is "24-Hour War," but does a better job explaining the entire history behind the 1966 Le Mans, I think. Plus, it has a very moving conclusion of Shelby's career.

For those of you who are interested, the Simeone Museum is having two Demo Days devoted to the history of this era on Dec 7 and 21. Bothe will have the actual cars that raced at Le Mans in 1966 and 1967 and you actually get to hear and see them run!

More info at: www.SimeoneMuseum.org

PS: They have an exhibit now until Dec 7 with some additional cars - especially a very rare 1965 Ferrari P2/3 that ran at Le Mans in 1966 - and the actual uniforms/costumes Christian Bale and Matt Damon wore in Ford v Ferrari that the studio has put on loan.