Aftermarket caliper clearance

Allen Hanford

I installed aftermarket calipers and rotors on the front of my wire-wheel 68 midget. Now the wheels are rubbing on the calipers.

Us this a problem anyone else has had? I can think of a couple of ways to modify what I have to make it work but I'd rather have it work with no funny business.

Ira Spector

Do you have the old ones to compare them with? I had aftermarket shoes that were 1/4” too wide and had to be ground down to work properly.

Ira

On Jul 25, 2020, at 1:29 PM, Allen Hanford <allenhanford@...> wrote:

I installed aftermarket calipers and rotors on the front of my wire-wheel 68 midget. Now the wheels are rubbing on the calipers.

Us this a problem anyone else has had? I can think of a couple of ways to modify what I have to make it work but I'd rather have it work with no funny business.

Allen Hanford

After I wrote the post I measured the old caliper vs new and found that the replacements were 1/8" thicker than the old ones.

After lots of fretting I machined 100 thou off of the faces of the new calipers