From: "Steve Harding via groups.io" <mgbgt1@...>
Date: 7/5/21 11:16 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: phillymgclub@groups.io
Subject: [PhillyMGClub] Affordable Project: 1959 MG MGA Roadster – Barn Finds

https://barnfinds.com/affordable-project-1959-mg-mga-roadster/

weh wehoffner.com

The car is an A.

I note from the snapshot of the undercarriage that there appears to be cancer on both left and right sides just behind the rear cross member,.

It suggests the frame would not successfully withstand the media blasting they talk about in the description. MGA’s are susceptible to the rot alongside the inside that adjoins the plywood subfloors. That is a byproduct of years of wicking moisture from the plywood to the adjoining steel.

If doing a rebuild there are methods to avoid that wicking now that we are retrospectively wise to it.

The frame integrity is everything to a successful restoration of an MGA that runs true.

I also did not see good snapshots of the B pillar which is another area that often requires expensive attention in a rebuild.

You may well know all of that but, if not, I hope the information is helpful.

Bill Hoffner
MOBILE:  (215) 681-6436
HOME:  (215) 849-4890

From: "Steve Harding via groups.io" <mgbgt1@...>