Philly MG Club Invitation to the August Breakfast Club + Tech Session

Hey friends,

I hope this email finds you well and enjoying your summer! In continuation of our breakfast club and tech session series, we will be combining both events into one gathering for August.

Kevin McLemore will be returning for another fun filled educational experience. You will be sure to walk away with valuable hands on knowledge applicable to your British ride.

Roger's 1966 Austin Cooper S will take the main stage for showcasing the tech session demonstration. Kevin will explain as he goes and field questions as the conversation progresses.

Thirsty for a deeper understanding of your British car's braking system? We can help with that! Components of Saturday's deep dive into braking systems will include:

  • Discussion of the braking system - description of the components and how they all work
  • Problems inherent with older braking systems and how to rectify them
  • Proper brake system maintenance and prevent problems
  • How to check your brakes condition
  • How to adjust the brakes
  • How to bleed the brakes
  • Tools to make brake maintenance easier
The details:

When:
 Saturday, August 28

What Time: 9 am

Where:
Inside Roger's Garage @ 3859 Somerset Drive Collegeville
Roger's home is located in 55+ Traditions at Skippack (TAS) across from the old Perkiomen Valley airport (Collegeville Road entrance).
The TAS Mill Road entrance is approximately 1 mile up from Evansburg State Park where we have previously held the Club’s Saturday Breakfast.

Club members interested in attending are kindly requested to RSVP to Roger to confirm that you will attending.

(Pictured - Kevin & Roger from June's engine tech session)

Hope to see you there,

Sean and Roger

Pete Baumbach

Sean, your (John's) Midget took second at the Hope Lodge show. You left before the presentations. I have the plaque and will bring it to the GT on Tuesday. See you then. Pete

[...]

Robert Palac

Looking forward to the tech events.

NOTE: Does anyone have a MOTOMETER for a TD series they woud like to sell or can point me in the right direction for an MG type unit to purchase? (I am familiar with Moss but haven’t seen it in their ad lately. I will call them as well as MG Magic, Classic Motor Parts and English Part.com.

Thank you,

Bob Palac      cell: 484-620-9655 (e-mail: rpalac@...)

Top of Form

SEARCH

Bottom of Form

[...]

Roger Williams

Hello All!

Just a reminder ... the August Breakfast Club will be held at my house this Saturday (beginning around 9 AM).  Kevin will be leading the discussion re: brakes.   My Austin Cooper will be available for “show and tell” and “hands on.”

Coffee and Tastycakes will be provided.

The original e-mail from Sean is attached.

Feel free to contact me.

Roger Williams
3859 Somerset Drive
Collegeville
484.902.8066

Begin forwarded message:

[...]

Roger Searle

Roger, Roger.  I plan on being there.

[...]

Rev. Mark McDowell

Roger,

I hope I'm not too late, but I will try and make it tomorrow morning.

Mark

On Tue, Aug 24, 2021 at 11:31 AM, Roger Searle via groups.ioer,