Monthly MG Breakfast - Feb 21 at 9:00 am, Ft. Wash State Park

Kevin McLemore

OK, as promised in tonight's Phila MG Club Zoom meeting, here's a suggestion to kick off the first of our monthly MG breakfasts...

Details:
Date:    SUNDAY, FEB. 21
Rain Date: RAIN, SNOW OR SHINE (the pavilion will keep us out of the weather)
Time:    9:00 am - 10:00 am (-ish)
Location:    FORT WASHINGTON STATE PARK - Militia Hill Pavilion  (near Flourtown, PA)
Google Maps Link:    https://goo.gl/maps/RKXFEUhbXBLwtZT27

Obviously it's not "MG weather" yet for most of us, so I don't expect folks to bring their LBC, and you'll have to provide your own food and non-alcoholic refreshments if you'd like to eat outside. The park's pavilion is large and can accommodate at least 20 folks with proper social distancing, but of course if you're not eating you should plan to wear a mask anyway as a courtesy. There are also two charcoal (only) grilling stations, if you want to be so ambitious as to make your own breakfast onsite (arrive early to get the fire going if you do), but I'd expect most will just bring a WaWa bagel with coffee or something similar. There are at least 10 picnic tables in the pavilion, but you may wish to bring comfortable folding chairs. Dress is "weather appropriate" - you'll be outside. There is a large playground next to the pavilion if you have kids or grand-kids that want to come along. There are also nearby restrooms, but I can't guarantee they will be open.

Later in the year when the weather gets warmer we can plan to gather in Ambler again as we did last year, or at other restaurants that can provide a COVID-rules appropriate dining area (assuming rules are still in effect at the time, of course). Suggestions welcome!

I hope to see you on the 21st!

PS: What the pavilion looks like, taken last Sunday at the Triumph Club's monthly breakfast - it's about twice as long as this.
(Although please don't expect Bernie for our first event.)

May be an image of one or more people and outdoors

Aerial View:

Rev. Mark McDowell

Wish I could join you all, but Sunday mornings are always otherwise booked for me. Looking forward to warmer weather for top down fun!

Mark

Rev. Mark S. McDowell, Pastor
Abington Baptist Church
1501 Huntingdon Road
Abington, PA 19001
215-884-4569 (Office)
609-477-8466 (Cell)

Date:    SUNDAY, FEB. 21
[...]

Attachments:

Kevin McLemore

I’m sorry, Mike. I did ask in the meeting if Sunday’s were an issue for anyone, but I admit I forgot about you.

Would anyone have an issue doing this on Saturday mornings instead?

Date:    SUNDAY, FEB. 21
[...]

Ed Emery

Being retired, everyday is Saturday except for the Tue and Wed I work.  These 5 day weekends are just too short.

Ed E

Date:    SUNDAY, FEB. 21
[...]

Roger Searle

Being retired, I now hate weekends.  To much traffic.

Date:    SUNDAY, FEB. 21
[...]

Well, not having heard any objections, I propose we move this to Saturday, Feb 20.  Any final objections or concerns? Would you attend?

Date:    SUNDAY, FEB. 21
[...]

Gregory Simms

I should be good to go.thanks for arranging it Kevin

Date:    SUNDAY, FEB. 21
[...]

OK, I've waited for sufficient objections to moving from Sunday to Saturday, and there having been none, I'm officially calling it.

Our first 2021 Phila MG Club Breakfast for SATURDAY, FEB 20 at 9:00 am.

PLEASE JOIN COME AND JOIN IN THE FELLOWSHIP.

Details Below:

Date:    SATURDAY, FEB. 20
[...]

PS: What the pavilion looks like, taken on a recent Sunday at the Triumph Club's monthly breakfast - it's about twice as long as this.
(Although please don't expect Bernie for our first event.)

Gregory Simms

I'm  in !  ( Greg Simms)

Date:    SATURDAY, FEB. 20
[...]

Martin Cameron <cameronm139@...>

Great will try and make it but may be away

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

Date:    SATURDAY, FEB. 20
[...]

Pete Baumbach

Are we still on for tomorrow??

Date:    SATURDAY, FEB. 20
[...]

Sure! All the hearty souls who want to brave the elements should plan to be there at 9:00 am under the pavilion. Depending on what they’ve plowed, we may need to enter via the entrance on Militia Hill Road (near Rt 73).  The entrance off Joshua Road was closed today when I went past.

On Feb 19, 2021, at 4:35 PM, Pete Baumbach via groups.io <pgblab@...> wrote:

Are we still on for tomorrow??

Date:    SATURDAY, FEB. 20
[...]

<Triumph Club Breakfast 2-7-21- Bernie.jpg>

<Park.jpg>
<Triumph Club Breakfast 2-7-21- Bernie.jpg>
<Park.jpg>

Kevin McLemore

App park entrances are open. Parking lot #3. Path to pavilion has not been cleared so bring a chair and we’ll lounge in the lot.

Date:    SATURDAY, FEB. 20
[...]

Sorry last minute won't make it

Date:    SATURDAY, FEB. 20
[...]

Ok, so it seems some folks didn’t know we moved the breakfast from Sunday to Saturday. My bad. Sorry. Soooo... I’m happy to meet anyone who shows up at that same pavilion tomorrow (Sunday) morning at 9:00 am. I know Steven Perlman will be there, so anyone else who wants to can join us. It’s off parking lot #3 in Fort Washington State Park.

On Fri, Feb 12, 2021, 9:24 PM Kevin McLemore <kmclemore@...> wrote:
OK, I've waited for sufficient objections to moving from Sunday to Saturday, and there having been none, I'm officially calling it.

Our first (second?!) 2021 Phila MG Club Breakfast for SATURDAY (and now also SUNDAY, again), FEB 20 (and 21) at 9:00 am.

[...]

Kenn & Kathy Brown

Sorry, Kevin we didn't say that we had and have a previous bday weekend :)

All the best,
Kathy

From the office of:
Kenn Brown RS282284
CHRISTIE'S International Real Estate
Long and Foster Real Estate
92 Lancaster Ave., Devon, PA 19333
cell: 610.585.0011

Admin. Kathy #610-715-8881
www.oldmainlinehomes.com

Referrals are the key to our SUCCESS.....because good people know good people!

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021, 9:06 PM Kevin McLemore <kmclemore@...> wrote:

[...]

Not sure I understood that, Kathy, but it’s OK, other folks weren’t aware of the change, so... my bad. I’m happy to go out again tomorrow morning - the scenery is lovely!

On Feb 20, 2021, at 9:08 PM, Kenn & Kathy Brown <oldmainlinehomes@...> wrote:

Sorry, Kevin we didn't say that we had and have a previous bday weekend :)

All the best,
Kathy

From the office of:
[...]

Sorry we didn't say we were unavailable this weekend...bdays:)

All the best,
Kathy

From the office of:

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021, 9:19 PM Kevin McLemore <kmclemore@...> wrote:
Not sure I understood that, Kathy, but it’s OK, other folks weren’t aware of the change, so... my bad. I’m happy to go out again tomorrow morning - the scenery is lovely!

On Feb 20, 2021, at 9:08 PM, Kenn & Kathy Brown <oldmainlinehomes@...> wrote:

Sorry, Kevin we didn't say that we had and have a previous bday weekend :)

All the best,
Kathy

From the office of:
[...]

Hi, folks-

Next month’s “MG Breakfast” will be on SATURDAY, March 20, same place.  Please put it on your calendars.

Our next 2021 Phila MG Club Breakfast will be on SATURDAY, MARCH 20 at 9:00 am.

Date:    Saturday, March 20, 2021

Rain Date:    RAIN, SNOW OR SHINE (the pavilion will keep us out of the weather)

Time:    9:00 am - 10:00 am (-ish)

Location:    FORT WASHINGTON STATE PARK - Militia Hill Pavilion, at Parking Lot #3