From: Kenneth Collins kjcollins48@... [Philly_MG_Club]
To: Philly_MG_Club
Sent: Tue, Jul 5, 2016 8:31 pm
Subject: Re: [Philly_MG_Club] GT at Phil's Tavern - 8PM on the Second Tuesday of the Month, Tuesday, 12 July 2016

Members,
This is not correct. The GT will be held at the Metropolitan Diner in North Wales, PA at 8:00
PM on July 12th.
Thanks,
 Prez Ken

On Jul 5, 2016, at 7:55 PM, Philly_MG_Club@... wrote:

"GT at Phil's Tavern - 8PM on the Second Tuesday of the Month" reminder
When
Tuesday, 12 July 2016
07:29 PM to 09:29 PM
(GMT-04:00) Caracas
Where
Phil's Tavern, Blue Bell
Notes
This is just behind the Broad Axe Inn at the corner of route 73 and Butler Pike. http://www.thephilstavern.com/directions.as
From
Philly_MG_Club   Calendar

Steve Harding

Roger,
Had similar problems. George Van Horn replaced the coil (it would get hot while driving) and the condenser and rotor.
Steve

On Jul 6, 2016, at 8:55 AM, searlerb@... [Philly_MG_Club] <Philly_MG_Club@...> wrote:

Over the past year I’ve had four instances of the engine quitting while driving.  If I wait minute or so, it restarts and runs fine for weeks or months.  Attempting an immediate restart when coasting to a stop never works.

Typically quitting happens within a few miles from the beginning of the drive and has never happened after more than 10 or 15 miles.  The last time it happened within two miles.  Also, I thought I heard a small backfire when it quit.  When it quits there is no bucking or loss of power, just a clean stop.

Aside from removal of the air pump and most of the emissions stuff and addition of modern electronic ignition, long before the problem started, the engine is stock.

I recently refurbished the fuel vapor system and checked that all tubing was clear, tested the anti-run on value and tightened rubber tube claps.  The quitting predates this work and the most recent incident was after this work.

Does anyone have ideas on what needs fixing or how to diagnose?

This is not correct. The GT will be held at the Metropolitan Diner in North Wales, PA at 8:00
PM on July 12th.
Thanks,
 Prez Ken

On Jul 5, 2016, at 7:55 PM, Philly_MG_Club@... wrote:

"GT at Phil's Tavern - 8PM on the Second Tuesday of the Month" reminder
When
Tuesday, 12 July 2016
07:29 PM to 09:29 PM
(GMT-04:00) Caracas
Where
Phil's Tavern, Blue Bell
Notes
This is just behind the Broad Axe Inn at the corner of route 73 and Butler Pike. http://www.thephilstavern.com/directions.as
From
Philly_MG_Club   Calendar

Ryan Kubanoff

Most likely issue is the condenser.  I had the same issue..replaced the points and the condenser and haven't had the problem since.
Ryan

This is not correct. The GT will be held at the Metropolitan Diner in North Wales, PA at 8:00
PM on July 12th.
Thanks,
 Prez Ken

On Jul 5, 2016, at 7:55 PM, Philly_MG_Club@... wrote:

"GT at Phil's Tavern - 8PM on the Second Tuesday of the Month" reminder
When
Tuesday, 12 July 2016
07:29 PM to 09:29 PM
(GMT-04:00) Caracas
Where
Phil's Tavern, Blue Bell
Notes
This is just behind the Broad Axe Inn at the corner of route 73 and Butler Pike. http://www.thephilstavern.com/directions.as
From
Philly_MG_Club   Calendar

Roger Searle

Thanks Steve.  I think I will need to follow the replace parts until problem ends approach.

This is not correct. The GT will be held at the Metropolitan Diner in North Wales, PA at 8:00
PM on July 12th.
Thanks,
 Prez Ken

On Jul 5, 2016, at 7:55 PM, Philly_MG_Club@... wrote:

"GT at Phil's Tavern - 8PM on the Second Tuesday of the Month" reminder
When
Tuesday, 12 July 2016
07:29 PM to 09:29 PM
(GMT-04:00) Caracas
Where
Phil's Tavern, Blue Bell
Notes
This is just behind the Broad Axe Inn at the corner of route 73 and Butler Pike. http://www.thephilstavern.com/directions.as
From
Philly_MG_Club   Calendar

Roger Searle

Thanks Ryan.  I have electronic ignition so there are no points to replace.

[...]

Gdangelo6118@...

Keith, hi my name is Gerard I have a 79B, I am no expert but I would like to offer a suggestion. You said you were removed some of the Emission control system? When I first got my B, two things cause the engine to stop abruptly one was a vapor lock generated in the fuel line near the carburetors(my Zenith Stromberg was replaced with twin SU HS4's) The second and this is my particular theory could be a fool the anti-run on valve. There is also a fuel cut off valve under the drivers dashboard, which is designed to shut off the fuel flow if the car flips over. Validate the operational condition of these items it may be a place for you to start. Good luck keep me posted and let me know what happens.    Gerard ........        gdangelo6118@...

[...]

Kenneth, I apologize I typed Keith.....