From: ajhsys@...
To: Philly_MG_Club@...
Subject: [Philly_MG_Club] Newest Nuffield News
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 13:19:31 EDT

I just got my July/August newsletter. (Thanks Steve.) A small correction.
Steve re-printed an e-mail from me in the "British Recognition" section that
wasn't completely accurate. The rally that he mentioned, as reported by Mark
Johnson, was not my rally. That rally started in Tamaqua, PA and was put on
by Kevin Valentine, who is an e-mail lister from the Spridgets list. (I
don't know if Kevin is a member of any organized club.) Kevin's rally was a
hoot! We all had fun running it, and the day and the roads were beautiful.

My rally (An SCCA Philadelphia Region event) was held on Saturday, July 28th.
It started at King of Prussia Plaza and ended at the Mid Atlantic Air Museum
in Reading, taking Mount Penn and the Pagoda in as well. We had a light
turnout of only 10 cars, but there was a 1969 MGB competing, owned by Charles
Kitchen of Springfield, PA. Charles told me he bought his B when it was new,
and his son would only accompany him on the rally if he let him drive!

Thanks again for the newsletter, Steve. I just wanted to get the facts
straight.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport

ajhsys@...

In a message dated 7/30/01 4:59:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mgbgt1@... writes:

   I realized that I had made that critical error when I read your E-mail
about the rally - the day after I took the newsletter to the printers. Oh
well!! I'll correct it in the Sept. newsletter. Take care, Steve

- - - - - - - - - - -

There was certainly no harm done.  The main thing is to get the word out that
there are rallies going on that everybody can enter and enjoy.  The group
that went on the Tamaqua LBC rally had so much fun, we are all still
laughing.  Especially at Reg for trying to pass off an ear of corn as every
item on the scavenger hunt!  (How about as a toothbrush?!?)

I do have a few local rally routes in my computer, along with general
instructions.  If anyone wants to put together a Philly MG Club rally, I can
supply a lot of help.  As Philly SCCA Rally Steward, I don't have a lot of
time to do all the work, but I can really get you started.  Just give me a
holler!