Date   

Re: What are you doing while you are in quarantine?

Jeff Detwiler
 

Cable TV alert for tonight at 10pm.

Motor Trend Channel (Verizon Ch 631).
“Vintage Voltage”  MG Midget

Hope everyone is staying safe and Well.
Jeff Detwiler 
MGB ‘78


Re: One Family Owned: 1954 MG TF

Kevin McLemore
 

Nice starting point! The TD’s are losing value in the market presently, but the TF’s are holding their own, so investment could be ok here. I had to laugh, though, since the page about this MG had the following advert smack in the middle of the description...

image1.png

Cheers,
Kevin

On Apr 25, 2020, at 11:17 AM, Steve Harding via groups.io <mgbgt1@...> wrote:


One Family Owned: 1954 MG TF

Steve Harding
 


Upcoming Event: Monthly PMGC GT - Tue, 04/14/2020 7:30pm-10:00pm #cal-reminder

PhillyMGClub@groups.io Calendar <PhillyMGClub@...>
 

Reminder: Monthly PMGC GT

When: Tuesday, 14 April 2020, 7:30pm to 10:00pm, (GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:Phil's Tavern

View Event

Organizer: kliebel@...

Description: Philadelphia MG Club Monthly GT
Phil's Tavern


Re: What are you doing while you are in quarantine?

Rich Williamson
 

Roger,

Thanks for that... I just talked to them, and they are shipping.

I ordered what I needed and a couple of other parts to keep me busy with projects.

Thanks again,

Rich


Re: What are you doing while you are in quarantine?

Roger Williams
 

Hi Rich

Try sites :

I also need to fix a seat in my Cooper S down the road.


Roger Williams



On Apr 9, 2020, at 2:44 PM, Harry Hurst <h.hurst@...> wrote:

I've been busy updating a book I did back in 2004 on the 1970 Sebring. I am attaching a PDF of the book for everyone's enjoyment!

Stay safe!

Harry Hurst
610-725-9600 Cell


January - May 1
1217 Timberbrooke Dr., Palm Harbor, FL 34684



May 1 - December
2138 Lombard St., 4A, Philadelphia, PA 19146

h.hurst@...




On 4/9/20 2:37 PM, Rich Williamson wrote:
Here's a picture of my MGB... cleaning up the leather and restuffing the seats.

One problem... I neglected to use a heat gun when I attempted to install a brand new rubber diaphragm.

I used clamps as suggested elsewhere to stretch the rubber far enough to hook in.

Just as I was pulling the last one in to place, the metal hook pulled out of the rubber diaphragm.

This would be irritating, but not a disaster if I could get a new part.

With Moss and Victoria British not shipping, does anyone know where I can buy this part (1965 MGB)???

I would be happy to patronize a smaller company that may have it on the shelf and is shipping due to the fact that they are a small business.

Anyway... let's see some pictures of what you are working on right now...

Rich



Attachments:


Re: What are you doing while you are in quarantine?

Harry Hurst
 

I've been busy updating a book I did back in 2004 on the 1970 Sebring. I am attaching a PDF of the book for everyone's enjoyment!

Stay safe!

Harry Hurst
610-725-9600 Cell


January - May 1
1217 Timberbrooke Dr., Palm Harbor, FL 34684



May 1 - December
2138 Lombard St., 4A, Philadelphia, PA 19146

h.hurst@...




On 4/9/20 2:37 PM, Rich Williamson wrote:
Here's a picture of my MGB... cleaning up the leather and restuffing the seats.

One problem... I neglected to use a heat gun when I attempted to install a brand new rubber diaphragm.

I used clamps as suggested elsewhere to stretch the rubber far enough to hook in.

Just as I was pulling the last one in to place, the metal hook pulled out of the rubber diaphragm.

This would be irritating, but not a disaster if I could get a new part.

With Moss and Victoria British not shipping, does anyone know where I can buy this part (1965 MGB)???

I would be happy to patronize a smaller company that may have it on the shelf and is shipping due to the fact that they are a small business.

Anyway... let's see some pictures of what you are working on right now...

Rich




What are you doing while you are in quarantine?

Rich Williamson
 

Here's a picture of my MGB... cleaning up the leather and restuffing the seats.

One problem... I neglected to use a heat gun when I attempted to install a brand new rubber diaphragm.

I used clamps as suggested elsewhere to stretch the rubber far enough to hook in.

Just as I was pulling the last one in to place, the metal hook pulled out of the rubber diaphragm.

This would be irritating, but not a disaster if I could get a new part.

With Moss and Victoria British not shipping, does anyone know where I can buy this part (1965 MGB)???

I would be happy to patronize a smaller company that may have it on the shelf and is shipping due to the fact that they are a small business.

Anyway... let's see some pictures of what you are working on right now...

Rich




IMPORTANT - April GT

Kristi Liebel
 

REMINDER - APRIL GT HAS BEEN CANCELLED!!

Stay safe and Safety Fast,

Kristi


Kristi
'74 RWA Midget
'77 RB Midget
'71 Morris 1100 MK 2
Philadelphia MG Club Treasurer
Brits at the Village Coordinator

Check out Philadelphia MG Club on Facebook

“It is good to have an end to a journey … But it is the journey that matters in the end.” ~ Ursula K. Leguin


Upcoming Event: Monthly PMGC GT - Tue, 04/14/2020 7:30pm-10:00pm #cal-reminder

PhillyMGClub@groups.io Calendar <PhillyMGClub@...>
 

Reminder: Monthly PMGC GT

When: Tuesday, 14 April 2020, 7:30pm to 10:00pm, (GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:Phil's Tavern

View Event

Organizer: kliebel@...

Description: Philadelphia MG Club Monthly GT
Phil's Tavern


Hanger Find: 1960 MGA Coupe

Steve Harding
 


Cobra Killer? Swift 1972 MG Midget Racer

Steve Harding
 


Re: Proper Noise

Steve Harding
 

Ed’s a great mechanic; used to work for Pete Cosmides at Motorcar Garage. 


On Mar 31, 2020, at 6:17 PM, Roger Searle via Groups.Io <searlerb@...> wrote:


All,
 
I hope everyone is well in spite of the current difficulties.  I wanted to let you know that I dropped off my MGB GT at the new location of Proper Noise near Reading for its spring maintenance.  Nice new location.  Handsome building that previously was a garage and is now again.  Bright and spacious.
 
Ed Sweeney is working a closed shop due to the virus, but work can be dropped off.  He took my machine with little notice so he probably has room for more.
 
Proper Noise
2242 Dengler St.
Mount Penn, PA 19606
267.398.3699
 
Best regards,
 
Roger


Re: Proper Noise

Kevin McLemore
 

Ed is a wonderful guy. He’s also doing our 1958 Turner 950 restoration. Top shop, IMHO. 

Cheers,
Kevin

On Mar 31, 2020, at 6:17 PM, Roger Searle via Groups.Io <searlerb@...> wrote:

All,
 
I hope everyone is well in spite of the current difficulties.  I wanted to let you know that I dropped off my MGB GT at the new location of Proper Noise near Reading for its spring maintenance.  Nice new location.  Handsome building that previously was a garage and is now again.  Bright and spacious.
 
Ed Sweeney is working a closed shop due to the virus, but work can be dropped off.  He took my machine with little notice so he probably has room for more.
 
Proper Noise
2242 Dengler St.
Mount Penn, PA 19606
267.398.3699
 
Best regards,
 
Roger


Re: In a Barn Since '76: 1956 MGA Roadster

Kevin McLemore
 

Nice find. Super patina.

There’s one here in our area as well, and comes with a ton of pretty valuable parts. 

Also, if you look through the photos on it you’ll find it comes with an ultra-rare set of Ace Mercury Discs. I had a similar set on my ‘63 Sabra Sport, except mine had eared spinners with a red “S” in the center instead of the hexagonal MG spinners. 

On Mar 31, 2020, at 4:31 PM, Steve Harding via Groups.Io <mgbgt1@...> wrote:


Proper Noise

Roger Searle
 

All,
 
I hope everyone is well in spite of the current difficulties.  I wanted to let you know that I dropped off my MGB GT at the new location of Proper Noise near Reading for its spring maintenance.  Nice new location.  Handsome building that previously was a garage and is now again.  Bright and spacious.
 
Ed Sweeney is working a closed shop due to the virus, but work can be dropped off.  He took my machine with little notice so he probably has room for more.
 
Proper Noise
2242 Dengler St.
Mount Penn, PA 19606
267.398.3699
 
Best regards,
 
Roger


In a Barn Since '76: 1956 MGA Roadster

Steve Harding
 


strange days

Pete Baumbach
 

indeed. I hope you all are doing well. here's some levity  pete


Re: Holy Cow... amazing deal for someone...

Kevin McLemore
 

True. Always go in as a buyer-beware.


From: PhillyMGClub@groups.io <PhillyMGClub@groups.io> on behalf of Harry Hurst <h.hurst@...>
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 2:53 PM
To: PhillyMGClub@groups.io <PhillyMGClub@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [PhillyMGClub] Holy Cow... amazing deal for someone...
 

Be careful everyone. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. I have heard of similar scams on Craigslist.


Harry Hurst
610-725-9600 Cell


January - May 1
1217 Timberbrooke Dr., Palm Harbor, FL 34684



May 1 - December
2138 Lombard St., 4A, Philadelphia, PA 19146

h.hurst@...




On 3/25/20 2:43 PM, Kevin McLemore wrote:
Yeah, timing is everything. Still, it might be able to be picked up with very little human interaction.

From: PhillyMGClub@groups.io <PhillyMGClub@groups.io> on behalf of Bob Hitchiner via Groups.Io <rhitchiner@...>
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 2:40 PM
To: PhillyMGClub@groups.io <PhillyMGClub@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [PhillyMGClub] Holy Cow... amazing deal for someone...
 
Great buy. Bad timing. Horrible location


On Mar 25, 2020, at 2:35 PM, Kevin McLemore <kmclemore@...> wrote:

I literally just saw this pop on Craigslist. It was posted 21 minutes ago, so if you are in a position to buy I'd jump on this ASAP... I guarantee it won't last at only $2500 for a 1956 100-4 in restorable shape.  Car is located in Fort Lee, NJ, according to the ad.

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/pts/d/leonia-1956-austin-healey-100-4/7098777803.html

1956 Austin Healey 100-4 - $2500 (Ft lee)

1

I’ve been working in this car for 14 years. Engine won’t turn over and needs paint. New interior, wire wheels.
Just need it out of my garage
Top is there and side curtains


Re: Holy Cow... amazing deal for someone...

Harry Hurst
 

Be careful everyone. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. I have heard of similar scams on Craigslist.


Harry Hurst
610-725-9600 Cell


January - May 1
1217 Timberbrooke Dr., Palm Harbor, FL 34684



May 1 - December
2138 Lombard St., 4A, Philadelphia, PA 19146

h.hurst@...




On 3/25/20 2:43 PM, Kevin McLemore wrote:
Yeah, timing is everything. Still, it might be able to be picked up with very little human interaction.

From: PhillyMGClub@groups.io <PhillyMGClub@groups.io> on behalf of Bob Hitchiner via Groups.Io <rhitchiner@...>
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 2:40 PM
To: PhillyMGClub@groups.io <PhillyMGClub@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [PhillyMGClub] Holy Cow... amazing deal for someone...
 
Great buy. Bad timing. Horrible location


On Mar 25, 2020, at 2:35 PM, Kevin McLemore <kmclemore@...> wrote:

I literally just saw this pop on Craigslist. It was posted 21 minutes ago, so if you are in a position to buy I'd jump on this ASAP... I guarantee it won't last at only $2500 for a 1956 100-4 in restorable shape.  Car is located in Fort Lee, NJ, according to the ad.

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/pts/d/leonia-1956-austin-healey-100-4/7098777803.html

1956 Austin Healey 100-4 - $2500 (Ft lee)

1

I’ve been working in this car for 14 years. Engine won’t turn over and needs paint. New interior, wire wheels.
Just need it out of my garage
Top is there and side curtains

1181 - 1200 of 12004