Re: '78 MGB Battery

Roger Searle

Thanks Ira.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ira Spector spectors4@... [Philly_MG_Club]
To: Philly_MG_Club
Sent: Tue, Feb 27, 2018 3:01 pm
Subject: Re: [Philly_MG_Club] '78 MGB Battery

I would recommend getting an AGM battery, the biggest that will fit the tray. I got mine at Advance Auto Parts for about $180. They last longer and won’t strand you, even if your alternator dies (it happened). I also use a shutoff switch.  Resetting your radio presets is easier than recharging your battery.  I second all the comments about battery tenders.

Ira
1977 MGB
On Feb 27, 2018, at 1:58 PM, searlerb@... [Philly_MG_Club] <Philly_MG_Club@...> wrote:

Thanks all.

From: "searlerb@... [Philly_MG_Club]" <Philly_MG_Club@...>
Date: 2/27/18 9:22 AM (GMT-05:00)
Subject: [Philly_MG_Club] '78 MGB Battery

All,

Does anyone have a recommendation for a new battery for my 1978 B?

My old battery is about 4 years old. I had to recharge it this winter after letting it sit for a couple weeks.  Previously it would hold it charge for several winter weeks and start the car without a problem.

I don't have a battery disconnect switch and the with clock and radio memory draws something like 30 milliamps just sitting.