Re: Electrical question

Lester Weinraub

To all who responded

Thank you.  It is nice getting info from those who know these cars

Other than the camaraderie it’s the best reason to join this club

Lester

On Nov 12, 2017, at 9:15 PM, Kevin McLemore kmclemore@... [Philly_MG_Club] <Philly_MG_Club@...> wrote:

See my reply from earlier tonight. Each horn should have one wire from the relay and one doing to ground.

A 1.5 amp fuse will likely blow immediately... horns draw a lot of power. I’d go with 15 amps.

On Nov 12, 2017, at 9:08 PM, Ira Spector spectors4@... [Philly_MG_Club] <Philly_MG_Club@...> wrote:

How does the horn get return power? If the one relay wire goes to the horn, where is the other other side of the horn connected?  My guess is that the horn has only one lead, which is positive, and the horn body is grounded when you attach it to the frame. If so, then the relay other side is also probably grounded to complete the circuit.

To be safe, I would use a 1.5 amp in line fuse.

Ira

On Nov 12, 2017, at 4:05 PM, Me jandjonthebeach@... [Philly_MG_Club] <Philly_MG_Club@...> wrote:

Fourth wire goes to ground and the positive should be fused.
John

On Nov 12, 2017, at 3:54 PM, Lester Weinraub lgweinraub@... [Philly_MG_Club] <Philly_MG_Club@...> wrote:

Club:
I just bought the hella horn set from moss that comes with a relay. Unfortunately the instructions are poor. The relay has four terminals. One goes to the horn switch wire, on goes to the actual horns positive side, one goes to the power/battery. What does the fourth terminal connect to? In addition the connection to the batter/power requires an in line fuse. Any idea what size fuse?

Thank you,