Re: I need your help with this [1 Attachment]

My alternator is a delco alternator so not sure if the same fit out.  However the slip but I don't the engine side not the radiator side. The below photo is the best I could get

On Jul 19, 2017, at 9:13 PM, Steve Perlman sperlman63@... [Philly_MG_Club] <Philly_MG_Club@...> wrote:

Look at the attached picture.

I was told the bracket was originally mounted backwards meaning the slide was on the nut behind the alternator. The belt broke so when I was putting the new belt on I turned around the slide bracket.  What I am not sure of is does the bracket go in front of or behind the ear of the alternator?  The reason I think this might go in front is because I am again getting an occasional belt squeal when under acceleration or under an load.

So how is your alternator slide bracket mounted?

Help and thanks in advance.

Steve P Yellow P