Re: MGB Performance with Single Weber Carb.

Roger Searle

Thanks Gordon.

-----Original Message-----
To: Philly_MG_Club
Sent: Mon, Mar 6, 2017 7:18 am
Subject: Re: [Philly_MG_Club] MGB Performance with Single Weber Carb.

My midget has a side draft weber.
It ran lousy until George Van Horn set it up properly.
The problem as I understand it, is that webers are primarily for racing and operate best at high revs.
George installed a smaller intake venturi  (not sure this is the right word) and a couple other adjustment.
It now runs great.

Gordon 

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Harding mgbgt1@... [Philly_MG_Club] <Philly_MG_Club@...>
To: Philly_MG_Club <Philly_MG_Club@...>
Sent: Sat, Mar 4, 2017 10:13 pm
Subject: [Philly_MG_Club] MGB Performance with Single Weber Carb.

Roger,
Contact George Van Horn. He has years of knowledge tuning MGBs. 
Steve 

On Mar 4, 2017, at 8:42 PM, Dave Carpenter slowstdy@... [Philly_MG_Club] <Philly_MG_Club@...> wrote:

On Mar 4, 2017, at 8:29 PM, 'Gerard D'Angelo' Gdangelo6118@... [Philly_MG_Club] <Philly_MG_Club@...> wrote:

Webers Suck......Get your hands on Dual SU HIF's, They were what the home market (England) GT's had installed.....You can score a set on E-bay
People don't know how to tune them so they install Webers.......Contact Joe Curto in Astoria Queens NY......He is the Local SU Expert, and can assist you on rebuilding them.......................just my thoughts...........Gerard🚁 

On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 10:24 AM, searlerb@... [Philly_MG_Club] <Philly_MG_Club@...> wrote:

All,

I'm looking at a nice 1971 MGB GT.  It has a single Weber.  Does anyone have experience with the car performance with this especially compared to alternatives like dual SUs?

Thanks,

Roger

Join PhillyMGClub@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.