Answers to the question regarding a Battery Trickle Charger

Rich Williamson

Ken,

I exclusively use “Battery Tender brand.

They have never let me down.

I used to use them on my motorcycles that did not get rides as frequently in the cold months before using it on my MG.

One nice feature is that a “quick connect” plug comes with it.

I leave the tender next to the wall.

I attached the tender to the battery,. and snaked the quick connect out of the battery cover panel.

The back shelf carpet hides the quick connect plug until I need it.  I would imagine there is some type of a similar thing you can do on a MGBT.

When I am not planning on driving the car for the next week, I plug it in.

One trick I use is that I leave the passenger door wide open (wall side) and the passenger seat tipped forward to remind me not to try to drive off with it connected.

If you car hasn’t been started in some time, it may take a few cranks too get it started, but this will make sure you have enough juice to get it running.

I use the $50 version (Battery Tender Plus - 1.25A) on the MG and the cheaper (.75A) version on my tractor.

I think the higher versions are overkill for an MG.

See links below.

I hope this helps.

Rich

If you need to run a longer distance, use the extender found here:  http://products.batterytender.com/Accessories/25-ft-Extension-Lead.html

On Dec 14, 2016, at 10:58 AM, Kenneth Collins kjcollins48@... [Philly_MG_Club] <Philly_MG_Club@...> wrote:

Dear Members,

I am planning to purchase a battery trickle charger for my MGBGT this week. I would appreciate any recommendations that you can offer as to which are best based on ease of installation, cost etc.

I will look forward to any suggestions that you may have.

Cheers,

Prez Ken

______
Rich Williamson

HOME COMPUTER e-mail address that is not checked that often.