Come join me at Pennsauken Township Holiday Parade on LotusPALS

Steve Harding

Club Members - in case you have nothing to do Saturday, here's a fun idea - Steve

Home of the Philadelphia Area Lotus Society and Lotus Enthusiasts Organization
Jim Boice
Jim Boice has invited you to the event 'Pennsauken Township Holiday Parade' on LotusPALS!

We are just a few days away from our second running of this great event! All stocked up on candy for the kids? Visit the PALS site and RSVP today! BE THERE!

Pennsauken Township Holiday Parade Time: November 26, 2011 from 12pm to 3pm
Location: Meeting Location: The back parking lot of Pennsauken High School
Organized By:

Event Description:
Of course this is a driving event, but it's more for the kids than the adults. You can expect to drive r-e-a-l s-l-o-w and have hundreds of people ogling over your car and taking pictures.

If it is like past years, you can expect the local Corvette club, motorcycle club, radio stations, school bands, boy scouts, and on and on to participate. Lotus Owners should be a part of this mix!

I am a teacher in Pennsauken's Public Schools and thought that this would be a fun way to help give back to the community. Last year three Loti attended the event and had a GREAT TIME! Let's try for more this year!

Pictures of last year's event are HERE:

My CarDomain Page

The parade route is lined with kids in Santa hats and their parents. Most of the kids are young enough to enjoy egging on the drivers to toss candy at them, which they quickly fight over, then stuff in their bags. So bring lots of small candy treats.

The parade gets bigger each year, and somehow, no matter how much candy participants buy, they always manage to run out before they reach the end. It is embarrassing as that is where kids and parents are standing shoulder to shoulder holding out bags. By the way, small candy bars make great missiles to aim at those bags. However, one must use caution as the younger kids are not as agile as the older ones and sometimes get hit on the head!

So come on down and join us in the fun! Dress your car up with holiday decorations (or not) and maybe win recognition as the best dressed car. After the ride, we'll all head over a local restaurant for some good food and drinks.

More detailed information as to starting slot and exact starting time will follow as soon as we get it, but if you can attend, please post here so we can get a car count. The parade begins at 1:00 PM and ends at 2:30. We'll most likely meet as a group around 12 in the rear parking lot of Pennsauken High School and head over as a caravan.

Contact: Jim Boice
Cell: 856-486-1981
Email: ageek2000@...

See more details and RSVP on LotusPALS:
http://lotuspals.ning.com/events/event/show?id=4667018%3AEvent%3A31223&xgi=2Q6GuX1aKiuLmq&xg_source=msg_invite_event
About LotusPALS
PALS is dedicated to Lotus enthusiasts in the Eastern PA, New Jersey, New York City Metro, Delaware and NE Maryland geographic area.
LotusPALS 222 members
2076 photos
50 videos
178 discussions
44 Events
57 blog posts

To control which emails you receive on LotusPALS, click here