Famous MG owner

Joe Maggiore <joema@...>

All:

I found this interesting and thought I'd share it.  It's an excerpt from MG 2001 Gaydon article found on the the MGCars.org.uk website:

Among the many visitors to MG 2001 was Pete Townsend who had just returned from the 'Britain to Bosnia Challenge 2001' a fund raising trip. A chance conversation in the pub and bet from a member of the Land-Rover club lead Pete to agree to take his MGB along with twenty four Land-Rovers on a drive to Bosnia and back. The money raised was in support of the Mines Awareness Group, a charity dedicated to mine clearance in war zones. Pete's MGB completed the trip without any problems despite two of the Land-Rovers failing to make it back. Well done Pete.