Newest Nuffield News

ajhsys@...

I just got my July/August newsletter.  (Thanks Steve.)  A small correction.
Steve re-printed an e-mail from me in the "British Recognition" section that
wasn't completely accurate.  The rally that he mentioned, as reported by Mark
Johnson, was not my rally.  That rally started in Tamaqua, PA and was put on
by Kevin Valentine, who is an e-mail lister from the Spridgets list.  (I
don't know if Kevin is a member of any organized club.)  Kevin's rally was a
hoot!  We all had fun running it, and the day and the roads were beautiful.

My rally (An SCCA Philadelphia Region event) was held on Saturday, July 28th.
 It started at King of Prussia Plaza and ended at the Mid Atlantic Air Museum
in Reading, taking Mount Penn and the Pagoda in as well.  We had a light
turnout of only 10 cars, but there was a 1969 MGB competing, owned by Charles
Kitchen of Springfield, PA.  Charles told me he bought his B when it was new,
and his son would only accompany him on the rally if he let him drive!

Thanks again for the newsletter, Steve.  I just wanted to get the facts
straight.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget