parting out 1973 MG Midget

Joe Maggiore <joema@...>

Attention all club members:

I am parting out my 1973 MG Midget starting this weekend and am giving club members first shot at the parts. Please email me for any parts requests and I will email you price and availability. Currently, I have the whole car, but parts are sure to go quickly.  Below you'll see a description of the car when it was recently listed on ebay but didn't meet the reserve.

Joe Maggiore
joema@...

First the violin story. This is 1973 MG Midget that was recently restored (always garaged since restoration) and then rear ended just days after a fresh engine rebuild and new clutch: The car was totaled by the insurance company - I have the Salvage title only. I did not have the heart to see it sent to a yard and rot away since everything was right on this car. Here's a chance of a lifetime to get all the restoration parts in one shot - I used NOS whenever possible and have all receipts to prove it. I have over $10,000 invested into this car. The car is driveable, but the unibody is bent slightly on the trunk floor and buckled behind the trunk - thus I must sell it as a parts car. The good news is that the rest of the car appears untouched. Here's a PARTIAL list of what has been done to the Midget in the past year: Passed PA inspection just a couple of months ago and is still current. Newly rebuilt engine and three-piece clutch - engine has 70+ lbs of pressure when starting and was driven for hours without a problem (remember it was JUST rebuilt - so I haven't driven it for more than a weekend with the fresh rebuild). The engine never smoked, overheated or had serious problems even before the rebuild. Transmission is in excellent condition. New front Fenders, Hood, quarter panel, fan shroud - any rust (though minor) repaired correctly - underside of car was fine before restoration and did not need any repair. Rebuilt SU carburetors and new SU fuel pump. Gas tank slushed and re-etched.  All new suspension bushings, rebuilt front shocks and outer tie rods. New front disks, brake lines and rear brake hardware. All wiring and electrical repaired or replaced, new coil, wires, spark plugs, etc. Dashboard - perfect condition - not one crack! New carpet Recent top - clear window, no tears All new exhaust including hardware. Recently re-chromed front bumper and NOS bumperettes. New tires and trim rings. All new rubbers seals - door, trunk, lights, windows (including windshield seal). Rebuilt speedometer. New chrome trim: headlights, door sill, MIDGET lettering, grill surrounds, wiper bezels, etc. Plus many, many more miscellaneous parts replaced. Look at the pictures and see for yourself. Best of luck. Please save this car!!