Re: Monthly MG Breakfast - Feb 21 at 9:00 am, Ft. Wash State Park

Roger Searle

Being retired, I now hate weekends.  To much traffic.

From: Ed Emery via groups.io <john.emery5@...>
To: PhillyMGClub@groups.io
Sent: Wed, Feb 10, 2021 4:43 pm
Subject: Re: [PhillyMGClub] Monthly MG Breakfast - Feb 21 at 9:00 am, Ft. Wash State Park

Being retired, everyday is Saturday except for the Tue and Wed I work.  These 5 day weekends are just too short.

Ed E

Date:    SUNDAY, FEB. 21
Rain Date: RAIN, SNOW OR SHINE (the pavilion will keep us out of the weather)
Time:    9:00 am - 10:00 am (-
ish)
Location:    FORT WASHINGTON STATE PARK - Militia Hill Pavilion  (near Flourtown, PA)
Google Maps Link:    https://goo.gl/maps/RKXFEUhbXBLwtZT27

Obviously it's not "MG weather" yet for most of us, so I don't expect folks to bring their LBC, and you'll have to provide your own food and non-alcoholic refreshments if you'd like to eat outside. The park's pavilion is large and can accommodate at least 20 folks with proper social distancing, but of course if you're not eating you should plan to wear a mask anyway as a courtesy. There are also two charcoal (only) grilling stations, if you want to be so ambitious as to make your own breakfast onsite (arrive early to get the fire going if you do), but I'd expect most will just bring a WaWa bagel with coffee or something similar. There are at least 10 picnic tables in the pavilion, but you may wish to bring comfortable folding chairs. Dress is "weather appropriate" - you'll be outside. There is a large playground next to the pavilion if you have kids or grand-kids that want to come along. There are also nearby restrooms, but I can't guarantee they will be open.
Later in the year when the weather gets warmer we can plan to gather in Ambler again as we did last year, or at other restaurants that can provide a COVID-rules appropriate dining area (assuming rules are still in effect at the time, of course). Suggestions welcome!

I hope to see you on the 21st!

PS: What the pavilion looks like, taken last Sunday at the Triumph Club's monthly breakfast - it's about twice as long as this.
(Although please don't expect Bernie for our first event.)

May be an image of one or more people and outdoors

Aerial View:

Attachments: