Another small tidbit: Rubery Owen, part of the Owen Group of manufacturing companies, was the major force behind BRM (British Racing Motors) from the mid 50s on. They won the World Championship for Graham Hill in 1962. So, your MGB shares technology with a Formula One car!

Harry Hurst
(610) 725-9600

On Jan 2, 2021, at 3:48 PM, Roger Searle via groups.io <searlerb@...> wrote:

These are original equipment, '70 to '80, MGB ROstyle wheels.  Ones in similar condition are available on eBay for $20 to $30 each.  The center caps go for about $10 each.

Factoid: ROstyle were invented by the British firm Rubery Owen. This style was very popular in the '60s and '70s and American manufacturers picked it up and called them Magnum and then Magwheels.

From: Roger Williams <rogerotto@...>
To: PhillyMGClub@groups.io
Sent: Sat, Jan 2, 2021 1:06 pm
Subject: [PhillyMGClub] Identify Wheels

Happy New Year Everyone!

I purchased some items for my Austin Cooper S and these wheels were included in the sale.

The seller indicated they were from an MGB.  Can someone identify what they may be?  Do they have any value?  If anyone is interested let me know.

The tires do not look very good.  Their size is 175/75/14.

Thanks in advance.

Roger Williams
1966 Austin Cooper S
Collegeville, PA