Re: How to test switches with new wiring harness

Bob Hitchiner

Roger.
I don't see why you can't take your bench battery, properly charged, and hook it up and test the systems. The motor is just a battery charger as far as your electric is concerned. You can test the fuel pump carefully with a helper. The key on/starter line can be tested with a volt meter.
Bob

On Oct 12, 2020, at 3:17 PM, Roger Williams <rogerotto@alumni.psu.edu> wrote:

Hello All

I am nearly finished installing a new wiring harness in my Austin Cooper S. I have tested items such as the horn, wipers, heater blower, lights, etc. using my 12V bench battery so I know they work independent of the wiring harness.

Once the switches on the dash and the steering column are connected I would like to re-test.

So... my question is .... how/can do I do that?

The battery is not in the car.
The engine is not in the car.

Roger Williams
‘66 Austin Cooper S