Re: Restoration Help

Jeep Tenneson

I know an excellent guy in NJ , but he won’t be cheap , the advice to just spend the money on a better car is probably the best route to go , but if money is not an issue, he’s who I would use. Bill at William Thomas Roadsters.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lambert Liebel <lliebel@phillymgclub.com>
Sent: Jun 29, 2020 7:54 AM
To: "PhillyMGClub@groups.io" <PhillyMGClub@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [PhillyMGClub] Restoration Help

Hey Ryan,

Her name is Susan
Email is SWysorNguema@wcupa.edu
and I am not sure what she needs here is the email she sent me:

My name is Susan and I'm looking for some help or support with my parents MGB. I believe it's a 1978. My dad bought it for my mom when he was stationed in Oahu in the Air Force. He retired in 1981 and they've driven the MG across country more than once. It's full of amazing memories for them. Unfortunately, it fell into disrepair and after I was born it no longer made sense as a primary car. They've held onto it. I know my dad has dreams of restoring it. However, with two retirement accounts wiped out, one after 16 years of employment with a company that went bankrupt and another after the crash of 2008, I know it will never be possible for them. My husband and I have discussed repairing it for them and I've inquired at a few foreign body shops who have all told me it's a waste. That I'd be better off buying a new one. But this car is priceless to them. I met a guy on a plane yesterday who was really into cars and he suggested I contact the local MG club for resources. I didn't even know there was a local MG club! If you have any suggestions for body shops or individuals that would be interested in such an in depth project please feel free to pass along my information. I'm grateful for any guidance!

Lambert

President PMGC
Nuffield News Editor
LLiebel@phillymgclub.com

“Keep Calm and Safety Fast”

On Jun 29, 2020, at 7:32 AM, Ryan Kubanoff <ryan.kubanoff@comcast.net> wrote:

Send me her email. Did she say what her car needs?
Ryan
On 06/29/2020 7:27 AM Lambert Liebel <lliebel@phillymgclub.com> wrote:

Hello Everyone,

Got another email the other day from a woman in Morrisville, PA looking for someone to help get her father’s MGB restored. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Lambert

President PMGC
Nuffield News Editor