Re: Sunday Breakfast Get-Together in Ambler - PLEASE RSVP

Steve Perlman

Steve P and Deb will be there.
OMG I better get fuel first.
LOL

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 1:51 PM Larry Spitzer via groups.io <extremedoc=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Unfortunately, I will be out of town this weekend, otherwise, I would have gladly attended the breakfast. Ambler is just about 15 minutes from my house.

My Midget is in the shop right now, getting a bunch of things done to it. Props to Ryan for helping me out with some basics, and getting me in touch with Steve's Auto Care in Huntingdon Valley. He will have my car for a week or so. Boo hoo.

-Larry

On Tuesday, June 9, 2020, 10:31:42 PM EDT, Kevin McLemore <kmclemore@...> wrote:

OK, so as per our discussion tonight, I did find a place that can do a Covid-compliant outdoor breakfast. (That being said, given the tonight's news from Harrisburg it may be a moot point!)

I've just had a discussion with the owner of a local eatery, The Sweet Briar Cafe in Ambler.  She and her husband have the ability to host our group for Sunday breakfasts.  There's a large parking lot right across the street, and on-street parking as well (just off the main drag), so we'd be able to be near our cars, have breakfast in the outdoors (appropriately socially distanced) and enjoy a socially responsible time together.

She's got a 6 tables with 4 chairs each outside in the grassy area next to her restaurant, and we each can of course bring our own tables and chairs to supplement if needed.  The area is pretty large, so social distancing shouldn't be too much of a problem.  Prices are reasonable, I've eaten there before and the food's always been very good. (They don't have a liquor license, but 9:00 am on a Sunday is a bit early for me anyway!)

Have a look at their menu here: http://sweetbriarcafe.net/menu/  (takes some time to load that page... please be patient)

Given we need to take the weather into account for an outdoor meal, I think we should plan on doing it this coming Sunday morning (6/14) at 9:00 am, since we can reasonably predict the weather on that date.  It's supposed to be sunny and about 66 degrees at that time.

How does that sound to everyone?  Would you attend? If so, how many of you?  Please replay so I have some idea if this will work. (thanks!)

Overhead View, below.  Area in Red is where we'd probably park our cars.  Area in Yellow is the restaurant and next-door grassy area for eating.

--
Yesterday is a Memory,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,