Re: WE'RE ON !! --> Phila MG Club: This Saturday -- "Recreate With Your LBC" Drive

Jeff Detwiler

Thanks Kevin (& Jan),
Had a great time, enjoyed seeing everyone, from a distance (which wasn’t too difficult), i It all worked out perfectly. Glad you brought the tools and tow-rope (as I), so of course we had no use for them on this day.....
It was a successful Flight Test (80 mi RT) and we are back in the Hanger until the next Test.
Thanks again for taking the Lead, a lot of fun today - as it should be.
Cheers,
Jeff and Mary Detwiler
MGB ‘78

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Friday, May 15, 2020, Kevin McLemore <kmclemore@...> wrote:

There was a "failure to send" message on this email from Microsoft, so I'm not sure if this went out to all of you.  If this is a duplicate, please just delete. Apologies for any inconvenience. -KBM

OK, looks like we have a total of 9 cars for tomorrow's fun run.  Please re-read the instructions below, particularly as to what to bring.

Given many of you expressed an interest in going to Peace Valley Park, I've made that our endpoint for this run.  However, I expect the park to be very crowded, so once we get to the "Sailor's Point" location within the park (tomorrow's rally end point), if we cannot find parking there we may have to find an alternate location.  We will work that out when we get there, but it should only be a couple more miles.

Please be at my house by 11:00 am Saturday (you can arrive a little earlier if you like).

We will head out PROMPTLY at 11:15 am.

Please call Jan at 215-272-3441 if you get lost or delayed getting here.

OK, gang, let's give this a try.  I'm going to map out a run for this coming Saturday.  It will be about a 1 hour and 15 minute run, through pretty areas of Montgomery County, ending at a park where we can recreate and enjoy a bag/picnic lunch together (with social distancing, of course).

PLEASE RESPOND TO ME with a simple YES or NO to let me know if you plan to attend, and how many total people will be in your LBC.

NOTE: All COVID-19 safety rules will be in effect, as will safe driving practices -- please read the "Please Read Before Setting Off" notice at the bottom of this email for details on this.  If you feel unable to comply with these rules, contact me with your concerns so we can discuss them, or simply choose not to attend.

Date: Saturday, May 16
Meetup Time: 11:00 am
Meetup Place:
Destination: Peace Valley Park near Chalfont, at the Sailor's Point" activity area, on the north side of the lake(If this area proves to be too crowded on the day of the event, I'll try to find a less crowded area in the park when we get there.)

What to bring:
  • Bag Lunch or Picnic for yourself (and any cohabiting passengers)
  • Baseball glove and a sanitary glove (if you want to participate in a game of catch)
  • (2) sanitary gloves if you want to play Frisbee
  • Blanket or chair(s) for your seating
  • Something non-alcoholic to drink
  • A mask and sanitation supplies
  • Hat, sunscreen & sunglasses (it's supposed to be very warm)
What I will also bring: Baseball, Frisbee, a few extra sanitary gloves, toolbox, tow rope.

Please Read Before Setting Off (Thank You!)

General Road Rally Guidelines:

  • Drive safely!
  • Do not take unusual, unsafe or illegal measures to keep up.  We’ll wait for you.
  • To help prevent anyone getting lost, each rally car is responsible for the rally car behind.
    • Glance back after each change of direction, and occasionally during longer stretches, to ensure the car behind you is keeping up.
    • If you see the car behind you isn’t there, slow down to allow them to catch up, or if necessary, pull over at a safe place and wait.
    • If you see the car behind you pulling over, pull over at the next safe place.
    • Pull back out into traffic safely when you see that the car behind you has reconnected with the group.
      • If you’re the car rejoining, flash your headlamps 4 times to indicate it’s OK for the pulled-over car ahead of you to pull out ahead of you and continue on the rally.
      • If you see a rally car behind you flashing their headlights 4 times, it means it’s OK for you to pull out ahead of him (or her) and continue on the rally.
  • If a non-rally car or two gets in between our rally cars, let them stay there.  They will eventually peel off.
  • If more than two non-rally cars get in between our cars, and it looks to be a problem, the lead rally car will try to pull over safely to regroup.
  • If you get horribly lost or your car suffers a breakdown, pull over safely and call the lead car at 215-272-3320 - we’ll sort you out.
  • Have your passenger (if you have one) handle all communications.
  • Have your passenger (if you have one) take lots of photos!
  • Have fun!

Covid-19 Guidelines for the Road Rally:

  • We are respecting the guidelines as set forth by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
    • Wear a suitable mask when near others. A mask is not required when in your car unless you are riding with a non-cohabiting partner.
    • Maintain at least 6-foot distancing between non-cohabiting folks whenever we are out of the cars.
    • Sanitize touched areas properly after any necessitated direct human contact (steering wheel, shift knob, door handles, Frisbee, etc.)
    • Wash hands and face thoroughly with soap and water upon returning home.  Avoid touching your face until then.
  • The goal is to protect each other, as friends always should.  When in doubt, take the extra measure to offer protection.