Re: MGs For Sale

Kevin McLemore

My TD is clearly NOT a MkII, but the bonnet had MkII badges when I acquired it. I’d remove them, but then that would leave ugly holes. Sigh.

On Oct 8, 2019, at 1:26 PM, Harry Hurst <h.hurst@...> wrote:

Pretty easy to put on another SU pump and call it a Mk II! (Or a "C"!) Harder to find the Andrex shocks.

Harry Hurst
610-725-9600 Cell

2138 Lombard St., 4A, Philadelphia, PA 19146

h.hurst@...

On 10/8/19 1:21 PM, Ira Spector wrote:
I have a MkII. And you are correct.  There are some so called TD/C s that I have seen that are not MkIIs.

Ira

On Oct 8, 2019, at 1:15 PM, Harry Hurst <h.hurst@...> wrote:

I've never heard of an MG TD/C. I always saw this referred to as a Mk II, with dual fuel pumps, increased compression, and front suspension add-ons.

Harry Hurst
610-725-9600 Cell

2138 Lombard St., 4A, Philadelphia, PA 19146

h.hurst@...

On 10/8/19 12:08 PM, Steve Harding via Groups.Io wrote:
Club Members,
A couple of T-Series MGs for sale.
Steve

Begin forwarded message:

From: "BarnFinds.com" <mail@...>
Date: October 8, 2019 at 11:06:41 AM EDT
To: mgbgt1@...
Subject: Today's Finds

Short Bed Survivor: 1963 GMC C1500

This sweet little truck was built for durability by GMC in 1964 and features the optional large rear window. It is located near Dallas, Texas and is listed here on eBay with a current bid of $5,100. This truck...

Read More »

Big BT7 Project: 1961 Austin Healey 3000

Austin Healey 3000’s have caught my attention ever since a high school friend’s cousin showed me his 1959 model replete with a Chevrolet 327 small-block engine and a Muncie four-speed manual transmission. Today’s find is a 1961 version that...

Read More »

Vintage Hot Rod! 1931 Ford Roadster

Hot-rodding in America wouldn’t be the same without the Ford roadster. This 1931 Ford Model A hot rod in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan seeks a new owner here on eBay after sitting behind a barn for 47 years! With its...

Read More »

Magic Skyway Edition: 1965 Ford Mustang

This 1965 Ford Mustang convertible is said to be one of 23 cars ever used on the “Magic Skyway” at the New York World’s Fair between 1964 and 1965. Effectively part of a very elaborate marketing scheme, the seller...

Read More »

Affordable Project? 1965 Chevrolet El Camino

The 1965 Chevrolet El Camino was based on the Chevelle two-door station wagon and received a facelift for 1965. This El Camino is located in Pleasanton, Texas and is offered on here on Facebook Marketplace for $3,500. Initially introduced...

Read More »

Original 23k Mile 1979 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

With the soaring prices of Bandit Trans Ams, this black and gold 4 speed 5.7 liter Camaro Z-28 seems like a really good buy at $26,900.  The car has only traveled 23k miles and is being sold on consignment...

Read More »

Solid Restorer: 1950 MG TD

Ripe for restoration would be the best way to describe this 1950 MG TD. The paint is looking pretty tired, but it also appears to be a solid and complete car. If the owner’s description is accurate, then it...

Read More »

Goat In The Garage! 1967 Pontiac GTO Convertible

Looking like a raw emerald waiting to be found in the detritus of a mine, this 1967 GTO Convertible has been sitting almost 42 years waiting to be polished and cherished again. Are you up for getting this icon...

Read More »

EXCLUSIVE: Borla’s 1972 Citroen SM!

When most of us hear Borla, we think of loud high-performance exhaust systems. Even if that’s not the first thing that comes to mind, I highly doubt you’d ever think of a Citroen SM or an NSU Ro80. That’s...

Read More »

Rear-Mounted 454 V8! 1950 Studebaker Champion

This 1950 Studebaker Champion is running and driving with a rear-mounted big-block V-8 and abundant patina. The rat rod of your dreams is available for a Buy it Now price of $9,995 here on eBay near Indianapolis, Indiana. It...

Read More »

Original 429: 1970 Ford Torino GT

With a rust-free body, and the original 429ci V8 sitting under the hood, this 1970 Ford Torino GT is only in need of some fairly light restoration work to return it to its glorious best. It is a stunning...

Read More »

Jensen Build Survivor: 1962 Volvo P1800

This 1962 Volvo P1800 is an impressively straight barn find, a quality you don’t always find with cars that have been stored for extended periods of time. Despite the coating of dust indicating an extended hiatus from the road,...

Read More »

Going Cheap? No Reserve 1976 Triumph TR6

At the moment, this 1976 Triumph Tr6 is going very cheaply via an auction with very little information and listed at no reserve. The TR6 is said to have last run three years ago, which is practically yesterday in...

Read More »

3,983 Genuine Miles! 1957 Chevrolet 210

What you are looking at here is not a beautifully restored classic, but a completely original 1957 Chevrolet 210 4-Door Sedan with a mere 3,983 genuine miles on its odometer. I really have to thank Barn Finder art for...

Read More »

Survivor Turbo: 1986 Nissan 300ZX

This 1986 Nissan 300ZX is the desirable turbocharged example, fitted with a 3.0L inline-six with a single turbocharger generating 200 b.h.p. It is equipped with an automatic transmission, a typical option for a grand tourer such as this. The...

Read More »

Winter Project: 1952 MG TD/C

The MG TD/C was an attempt by the manufacturer to extract improved performance from its regular TD. In the end, MG produced 1,710 examples of the TD/C, and this particular 1952 model appears to be a nice example that...

Read More »

Selling a barn find? Get it featured here!

Too many emails? Switch to 3x/week updates.

1627 S Orchard Ste 110
Boise ID 83705
USA

Unsubscribe | Change Subscriber Options