Re: Carb. Intact flapper valve rattle fix - Eric Reitz

Kevin McLemore

Nice fix!  I seem to recall that the original sealing agent was a thin sheet of porous polyurethane foam rubber... it never lasted very long and rapidly turned to dust in the heat of the engine compartment.  That's probably why you never saw anything there.  I like the silicone idea.  I probably would have gone with a thin sheet of EDPM (Neoprene) foam, since it would have had a wee bit more 'give' to seal the flap better, but your idea will last longer.