Re: Tires for MGB

Kevin McLemore

I have Vredersteins on one of my cars and I like them. They’re also one of the few mfgs who stock the proper sizes for our LBCs. Also, Ed knows his stuff - I’d trust him.

The problem with older tires isn’t really the dry rot - they’ll survive that for ages - but it’s that the tread rubber gets hardened, and as such it doesn’t stick to the road well, particularly in the wet. Old tires are a terrible hazard in rain.

On Jun 26, 2019, at 5:34 PM, Rich Storm <rhstorm47@...> wrote:

I'd be more concerned about dry rot than tread wear.  Ed recommend Vrederstein to me as well for my 64 B since my low mileage tires were 25 years old.

They have a fairly tall sidewall which has softened my ride considerably and they fill the wheel wells nicely.

I wouldn't recommend them if you want to autocross or do some fast on ramps, but for me they're great.

It B fun,
Rich Storm

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019, 3:17 PM searlerb via Groups.Io <searlerb=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi All,

I currently have 12 year old Michelin Harmonys on my '78 Roadster with plenty of tread left.  But, the age is starting to concern me (particularly for highway driving).  Should I be?  If so, what would you recommend?  Ed Sweeney at Proper Noise once recommended  Vredstein but I never got a reason why.