Re: Tires for MGB

Stephen McDowell <stephen.mcdowell2020@...>

I believe the enemy tires are the visible (road wear) and invisible (TIME).
Just like you should service the engine, change the oil, lube the frame each year on low mileage drive cars......any tire more that 5 yrs old should be replaced, no matter how many miles you put on them.

You may or may not be able to see the micro cracks but they are there!

v/r
Steve
79 MGB
703-628-8194 - Cell

On Wednesday, June 26, 2019, 5:17:42 PM EDT, searlerb via Groups.Io <searlerb@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I currently have 12 year old Michelin Harmonys on my '78 Roadster with plenty of tread left.  But, the age is starting to concern me (particularly for highway driving).  Should I be?  If so, what would you recommend?  Ed Sweeney at Proper Noise once recommended  Vredstein but I never got a reason why.