Re: Southampton Car Show - Urgent

I may go to Boston with my wife that weekend and/or may start a trial that Monday. If neither I will try to make the show.  Should know better in next couple of weeks

Lester

On Mar 18, 2019, at 10:30 AM, Steve Perlman <sperlman63@...> wrote:

Hey Group,

Good Morning.  I have attached a flyer for a new car show in Southampton PA, right on Second Street Pike at Goldstein's Funeral Home Parking Lot.

This show has very special meaning for me on a lot of levels.  First, the show is to benefit The Bucks County Drug and Alcohol Commission. This organization directly supports and assists on all levels the people affected by drug and alcohol addiction.  As, I have shared with many of you, the disease of addiction directly affects my family and I have been in the leadership of the largest group in SEPA providing support to friends and family members affected by someone else's addiction.

Second, the brother of the organizer has been a friend since our sons went to preschool together 22 years ago and it was his sister-in-law who lost her battle with addiction that created the energy to start this show.

Now I know these organizers don't appreciate the pure sexiness of a classic British Car.  That is obvious by the categories.  But maybe we can change all that (For next year).  If we can get 10-15 MG's from our club.  That would be great. An A, a handful of B's, a couple of BGT's and who knows maybe some T's (hint hint Kevin).

Also, you all have been at this a whole lot longer than I have.  Please forward this to your friends at DVT, DV Jag, DVMG, and all the other DV British clubs you have friends at.  If we can get a bunch of cars, 20-25-30 Classic British Sexy Machines, I will have Alan, give us our own section so we can show our friends and neighbors what British Sexy really looks like.

Let me keep a head count if you are in.  Send me your name, make, model and color at  sperlman63@...

Also, if you have friends that have rally cool rides, invite them along for the ride.  The parking lot is huge and can probably hold 300-400 cars.  It's all paved so no one has to worry about their beauty in the dirt.  It is easy to get to on Second Street Pike between County Line and Street Road. It won't be too hot, it wont be too cold and best of all there is a McDonald's right door.(walking distance)

Please join me in adding a distinctly British Invasion to this show and I assure you for next year I will make sure we have a European Category.

Thanks and you help is appreciated beyond measure.

Steve Perlman

--
Yesterday is a Memory,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,