Re: Tire Jacks

Lester Weinraub

Rear at the differential; front at the plate right behind radiator

I have use it on the sides on the rails that run from front wheels to rear axle.  Not sure if this is the best way but it has worked for me.

Lester

On Aug 30, 2018, at 7:57 AM, nsp7919@... wrote:

My original jack has not been able to lift the car for years.
Still have it, but have relied on a floor jack for small driveway jobs.
Typically the car gets most bottom stuff when it's up in the shop.

My question is for those who prefer using a floor jack, what
locations do you position the floor jack to lift the car safely?
The rear differential?
Where in the Front?
Have you ever used the floor jack to lift the car from the side?

It might be a no-brainer, but figure I may think I know the best, and then
again better to get more than one opinion in case I am approaching it unsafely.
Thanks,

Jeff
'78 Roadster