You ré lucky that the power supply giff no more than 5 volts
Maurits 73
ON3MK

Op June 5, 2019 om 4:55 PM schreef Marc Vissers <marc.vissers@...>:

I’ve repaired two original Perseus power supplies this year. Blown electrolytic capacitors (bad series?), easy and cheap to fix.

73, Marc

Van: Perseus-SDR@groups.io <Perseus-SDR@groups.io> Namens Mauno_Ritola
Verzonden: woensdag 5 juni 2019 13:05
Aan: Perseus-SDR@groups.io
Onderwerp: Re: [Perseus-SDR] Perennial question - which power supply?

It varies: two of mine stopped working after 5-7 years.

Mauno

Don Moman VE6JY kirjoitti 5.6.2019 klo 1:00:

My earliest Perseus supplies are well over 10 years old, several others almost that old.   All work fine.

The plug is not 2.1 mm tho.... you need the next size up - 2.5 mm.

On Tue, Jun 4, 2019 at 9:50 PM PB Shell <philby54@...> wrote:

My wall wart from Perseus died within a few weeks.  I found a good replacement on Amazon.  It cost $5.50

Universal 5V 1.2A AC Power Supply

by Yosoo

Business Seller  Sold by sococo and Fulfilled by Amazon.

·         Universal AC-DC Power adpater for Grandstream IP Phones, ATAs, products. It is light weight and compact in size

·         Input: 100-240V AC 50/60Hz 0.2A

·         Output: 5V DC 1.2A

·         DC Coaxial Plug: 2.1mm (ID) x 5.5mm (OD)

-Phil

On Jun 4, 2019, at 2:22 PM, Noel via Groups.Io <pnoelw@...> wrote:

Over the years, there have been a number of threads on this and the general response has been that there are various wall-wart types that will do the job but finding the right one (low noise) is a bit hit and miss.

The exact model supplied with the Perseus used to be available from Pollin Electronic in Germany at a very reasonable price. Sadly no longer available and I haven't been able to find the model elsewhere.

Can anyone recommend a specific brand and model which they know meets lo-rfi standards? ....without breaking the bank, of course :)

Thanks
Noel