Topics

Perseus won't turn on

Neil Kazaross

Nothing I can do can make my Perseus turn on anymore. It is completely dead. It hasn't been exposed to12 VDC and the power supply provided 5.2 VDC.

I assume I need to send it back to Italy for repairs?

73 and thx.. KAZ

Werner Karn

KAZ,

my advice would be to check all possible software issues before assuming a hardware failure.

Regards

Werner

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 17.08.2019 um 23:11 schrieb Neil Kazaross <neilkaz58@...>:

Nothing I can do can make my Perseus turn on anymore. It is completely dead. It hasn't been exposed to12 VDC and the power supply provided 5.2 VDC.

I assume I need to send it back to Italy for repairs?

73 and thx.. KAZ

Simon Brown

OK,

Couple of possibilities:

  1. The PSU may show 5.2V but can is supply 5.2V under load? I had a PSU fail and although it showed 5V it couldn’t supply current.
  2. The USB cable. Drove me nuts that did.

My money’s on 1) above. I have a decent Chinese lab. PSU I use when I need a stable supply where I can monitor the current, set trips etc.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com